Front tow hooks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJGremlin

Reaction score
I’m wanting to get front tow hooks for my ‘02 KJ and am having a hard time finding any. I don’t know if it’s the fact that I’m in Canada that I can’t seem to find any or if I’m just not looking in the right spots. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some have made their own using 1 1/4 inch hitches and put D ring on it, might be worth a look

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Gary's auto wreckers (jeep only) is in Maple Ridge. Last time I was there they had a stack of KJ's there, bring tools to remove em.

KJGremlin

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I’ll try that auto wrecker in Maple Ridge when I have some extra time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mercdudecbr600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy new ones from Jeep for about $150 usd. Check eBay. Those ones come with a “m” shaped bolt that doesn’t require you to undo all the fasteners for the front bumper and will save you about 2 hours of monkeying with the front clip, and having to get a special riveter, and plastic rivets, and just a general dislike of Jeep engineering. I guess what I’m saying is, if time is money for you just get the new and more expensive hooks - might cost you an extra 60 bucks but will save you lotsa time/hassle

JBDive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check eBay. I got a set of OEM ones from there but they didn't have the funky mounting bolt that is shaped like an M so they are still sitting on the garage floor. Any ideas how I can get those bolts would be helpful.

mercdudecbr600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Asked the same question and the answer is you can’t. Just take the front clip off

tommy2399

Reaction score
Amazon has a bunch of bull/push bars starting at $166.00

Was thinking of getting one and using it for a emergency tow are. Thought could weld some some attachments on bottom for attaching d-ring too

Would that be strong enough for casual use?

Latest posts

Members online