Front strut assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaybird91

Reaction score
Hello i would like to know which way are the two small peices of hardware should be facing while assembling the coil over set. I took everything to a shop and want to make sure its done correctly. Should the two pieces be hugging the strut bearing or should the lower washer be facing down in order to be flushed against the strut. I ordered new front mounting plates ( moog) and i see the bushing and bearing is all one piece . The mounts also came with a black washer and not sure if this is put on first or last Please thank you.

Attachments

• 8AE101DB-27E0-4B5F-96ED-FB24685F92FA.jpeg
    8AE101DB-27E0-4B5F-96ED-FB24685F92FA.jpeg
    244 KB · Views: 16
  • 8AB3760B-DE61-4059-98B3-675AABD78246.jpeg
    8AB3760B-DE61-4059-98B3-675AABD78246.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No bearings in the KJs / KKs
and any shop worth a darn knows which way they go or should
The bolts go UP , if you look at the ones you have currently you remove the nuts from the top so they go up ( the bolts )
Did you buy all 4 new isolators ?

Jaybird91

Reaction score
I guess when i bought the front mounting strut plates it said bearings included which i think they meant the bushing thats intact with the mounts. So i think i should be good then?. I supplied all four isolators for bottom and top coil springs. And what ever hardware that was included with the bilsteins i bought specifically for the kj.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Some top plates on some models of cars do have a bearing , so of course they just use that in all ads no matter what

Jaybird91

Reaction score
Just got the drivers side in .didnt use a strap i just went with it . These new uca control arms are moog and they are greasable by the way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 39

jeepop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Do you still have your bump stops to put back in or have they jumped out of the jeep somewhere along the way?

jeepop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Do you still have your bump stops to put back in or have they jumped out of the jeep somewhere along the way?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just got the drivers side in .didnt use a strap i just went with it . These new uca control arms are moog and they are greasable by the way.
Make sure you notch out the Teraflex bumpstops for that grease zerk

and no straps are needed if not adding any extras so the reason they went right in

runfor5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look sharp, I've been debating between this build-your-own route or getting the pair of KYB's off RockAuto for ~$230 total. How do these Bilstein's ride?

What brand (or model # if you're feeling generous lol) did you go with for the shock mounts, and coil springs?

Latest posts

Members online