front mount hitch-good to go 4 a winch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndySRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know freejeep on L.O.S.T has one attached to his but i dunno if has used it yet. on my reese hitch it says 9000lbs line rating max. I just installed a front hitch today hopefully by the end of the year ill have a winch installed on it.

Andy

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want a really trick new mount that also serves as a recovery point, check this out.
KJ BACKBONE SYSTEM

I have also witnessed a hidden front hitch work fine w/ a Warn 8000.

spacomponents

Reaction score
hey, thanks. that backbone does look good. I've wanted to mount my winch front or back, and the receiver hitch is the practical way.

I think I'm going to try to modify a Reese or the flimsier HiddenHitch for tow points for when we drag the Liberty behind the motorhome

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front hitches I've seen work wellas either winch mounts or reco very points. The ends of the hitch that mounts to the frame also are in-line with the factory recovery hook points marked on the bumper. You just have to weld a few pieces of 3/4-1 inch stock on the end with a hole in the end for the shackles and your set.