Front Driveshaft from 1A Auto is OK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridgek

Reaction score
After discovering that my original one was destroyed beyond a CV joint rebuild, I took a chance on a front driveshaft from 1A Auto last week. It's one of the cheapest available online, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Unfortunately, UPS delivered an empty box, someone had opened one end and stole the shaft! I called 1A and they sent a new one immediately, no questions asked. I was really impressed by that, I was expecting to have to wait for a UPS investigation to get a refund.

I got it installed yesterday, and everything seems okay so far. No balancing issues, and it didn't come apart while testing the 4WD on some gravel. The shaft diameter is a little thicker than my OEM part, and the rubber on the rear boot appears to have some light cosmetic imperfections (it looks like maybe it was sprayed with a light coating which started cracking?). Hopefully it's just cosmetic, but that does make me a little nervous since it's the most common part to go on these.

Anyway, I'll update this thread if it fails, but tentatively, I would recommend this part for anyone on a budget who needs it.

https://www.1aauto.com/Jeep-Liberty-Front-Driveshaft/I/1ADSH00055

Sephiroth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had mine installed for about a month now (from 1A) it does look a little cheaper in my opinion. so far no problems tho so I guess only time will tell.

ridgek

Reaction score
That's good to know. I rarely engage the 4WD, which is why I went with the budget option. Should be interesting this winter, but hopefully not too interesting!

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had mine installed for about a month now (from 1A) it does look a little cheaper in my opinion. so far no problems tho so I guess only time will tell.

But it also costs a lot less than other options, so if it is slightly inferior in quality, it is to be expected. And my guess, like HJ said, is that it's "good enough" and will work just fine.

I've ordered A TON of parts for many many vehicles from 1A Auto.. including their brake kits, have used them on the Jeep, my Acadia, Grand Marquis, and others... They're one of my go-to places for affordable, "good enough" parts.

ridgek

Reaction score
Thanks JasonJ, that's helpful to know that you've had good luck with all the parts from there!

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks JasonJ, that's helpful to know that you've had good luck with all the parts from there!

No prob. I'd also look at am-auto parts. The websites look so similar, and the parts layouts and such that I'm inclined to believe that they are a sister-operation to 1A Auto.. or at least use the same web guy. LOL. But, sometimes their prices are better for the identical part. I bought my front coilover mount from them when I did the JBA lift... a few other parts as well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.