Front Drive shaft bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyok06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone new to the kj world, never really liked them but got a 2002 for basically free, has over 200k miles and no front drive shaft. Going to pick up a drive shaft today but the guy didn't save the bolts. I was wondering if there was a particular part number, bolt measurement, or preferred place to get them. I did search but couldn't find the specifics. Thanks for all the help.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the hardware for the rear CV from a driveshaftparts.com rear CV rebuilt kit that I didn't use since I used the original.

If I find them, I can ship it to you.
Just pay shipping.

Last edited:

chevyok06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would just go to you local dealer and get the bolts from them, because they are a vary strange size.
Any idea what the price might be? I know dealers like to chrage an arm and a leg for nothing.

I have the hardware for the rear CV from a driveshaftparts.com rear CV rebuilt kit that I didn't use since I used the original.

If I find them, I can ship it to you.
Just pay shipping.

Wil that work on my front DS, Also that would be awesome, i told the guy today i would give him some extra cash if he could find the originals.

chevyok06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i got the driveshaft, It has 6 of the bolts and 3 of the washers with it. BBUUTTTT idk if they are for the front or the back and considering they want 10 per pair online i would like to just order the ones i need any one got measurements for which are which? Or is there a difference at all?

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry but I haven't had the time to get to my storage unit before it closes at 7pm to get the bolts. i'll try to get it tomorrow.

Do you still need help with it?

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember the longer bolts are for the front. I believe it's 6 bolts per side, 3 washers per side.

The bolts that USS wants to send you are going to be hex bolts i believe. They will definitely work, just not stock style.

You could always just pick up a DS from a U-pull it or something. Grab the bolts too.

chevyok06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i still need the help. My biggest issue is i have 6 of the bolts allready and 3 of the washers but idk if they are for the front of the ds or the rear,They are all the same length. So longer vs shorter doesnt help very much. May hit a pick and pul so have an extra ds but i did only pay 50 dollars for this one.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i still need the help. My biggest issue is i have 6 of the bolts allready and 3 of the washers but idk if they are for the front of the ds or the rear,They are all the same length. So longer vs shorter doesnt help very much. May hit a pick and pul so have an extra ds but i did only pay 50 dollars for this one.

All I can do is tell you what's for the rear and hopefully the hardware you have are for the front.

Does your CV on either end need to be rebuilt though?

Also how long are your current bolts?

chevyok06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I can do is tell you what's for the rear and hopefully the hardware you have are for the front.

Does your CV on either end need to be rebuilt though?

Also how long are your current bolts?

The bolts i have now measure 1 7/8" of thread, that is not including the head of the bolt. just the portion under the head. The cvs feel fine and are sealed. so no worries there. Boots are intact.

chevyok06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya know what, sorry, i am a dumb. The bolts i have only go through the small end all the way. They would be useless on the big end of the DS> uuuugghhhhhhh i feel dumb, either way with that being said i need the longer bolts. LOL

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well that stinks.
I just got back from my storage unit. Dropped off a few things off. Took some time to find those bolts.
Looks like you'll need bolts for the front then.
The front CV is a longer unit overall compared to the rear.

typically moparewholesaleparts has the cheapest mopar parts. They used to have free shipping but not any more. ships out from phx, az

BOLT | Genuine Mopar | 5015996AA

I know some members here have changed out their front CV as well.
No one here with extra bolts to give this new member?

chevyok06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well that stinks.
I just got back from my storage unit. Dropped off a few things off. Took some time to find those bolts.
Looks like you'll need bolts for the front then.
The front CV is a longer unit overall compared to the rear.

typically moparewholesaleparts has the cheapest mopar parts. They used to have free shipping but not any more. ships out from phx, az

BOLT | Genuine Mopar | 5015996AA

I know some members here have changed out their front CV as well.
No one here with extra bolts to give this new member?

No worries thanks for trying.

chevyok06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after finagling with it a bit i think the cvs need to be rebuilt. I found what i think i need on amazon i will post the link. My question is, are the bolts that i need included, it looks like they are. And honestly all new bolts would run about 40 bucks so double that and i can rebuild the whole driveshaft and get the bolts i need. Any thought.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LBG0BNS/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appears that he bolts are included. I have not rebuilt my drive shaft so I cannot confirm that the bolts are actually included hopefully someone who has, will chime in and help.