Front bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't like the ARB in general, not just the bull bar
Not going to spend $1k on something I don't like so I'll be fine without a front bumper
Just causes more issue with sagging faster anyway

Yes I ran an ARB for over 150,000 miles, 100,000 on the same OME suspension. Sagged almost 1/2 inch

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It did sag "almost" 1/2 inch but not quite :happy175:
Besides my wife is the Linguistics Professor so I can get by not knowing cause I have her. :happy175:

Fair enough. I'm married to an English teacher... so sometimes, I say things very wrong just to see if she's paying attention. The look I get.... would give Stephen King nightmares..

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Fair enough. I'm married to an English teacher... so sometimes, I say things very wrong just to see if she's paying attention. The look I get.... would give Stephen King nightmares..

Know what you mean, but even worse with mine is the fact her native language is Chugga ( her tribe ) and Swahili, plus knows a few more so she can tell me off in about 5-6 different languages.
I just smile and go on my way. Of course she was taught the " proper English in school " not American English, so I'm in trouble no matter what.:happy175:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You guys are lucky, my wife is a Therapist/counselor!

She makes me talk about my feelings!

:Grenade:

Bert

oh my!!!
I've had a Bank President, next was a CPA, then a drunk ( seemed like fun for a month), and now my current Linguistics Prof.

4.7liberty

Reaction score
If you are kinda limited on space & equipment. I have 2 ideas for your solution.
1) buy a brush guard for the liberty.
Thats half your bumper there and its a decent base to work off of. To finish the build out of a full coverage front bumper (very helpful in deer country)
2) pawn shops & sometimes Craigslist is a great place to find decent small wire or stick welders.
A chop saw is not really needed. Any good grinder that can use a 6" cutoff wheel is just as capable.
Or make your bumper patterns out of cardboard. Bring those patterns to your local steel fab shop and have them cut your parts with a plasma cutter.

Side note: always measure twice and cut once.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are kinda limited on space & equipment. I have 2 ideas for your solution.
1) buy a brush guard for the liberty.
Thats half your bumper there and its a decent base to work off of. To finish the build out of a full coverage front bumper (very helpful in deer country)
2) pawn shops & sometimes Craigslist is a great place to find decent small wire or stick welders.
A chop saw is not really needed. Any good grinder that can use a 6" cutoff wheel is just as capable.
Or make your bumper patterns out of cardboard. Bring those patterns to your local steel fab shop and have them cut your parts with a plasma cutter.

Side note: always measure twice and cut once.
Most all brush guards are so cheaply made they are not even worth installing let alone trying to build off of them

4.7liberty

Reaction score
Maybe so. When a full bumper is created off the brush guard its far more durable than just a brush guard itself (look at frontier's bumpers & brush guards)same base design. I've hit deer and hondas with mine(my old 06 f150). They arent made like road armor but will take a licken and keep you driving.
Im not knocking this build or design at all. Its actually how i would build one. I'm just putting options out there for those less inclined, limited on space, time, tools, knowledge & access to materials.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe so. When a full bumper is created off the brush guard its far more durable than just a brush guard itself (look at frontier's bumpers & brush guards)same base design. I've hit deer and hondas with mine(my old 06 f150). They arent made like road armor but will take a licken and keep you driving.
Im not knocking this build or design at all. Its actually how i would build one. I'm just putting options out there for those less inclined, limited on space, time, tools, knowledge & access to materials.
Comparing apples to oranges now. KJ brush guards except for the Matrix one are so thin and poorly made if you hit a rose bush you will bend them.
Start from scratch if you want but do not waste money on 99% of the brush guards out there

Latest posts

Members online