Front brake line how too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottybones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looked and looked and can't find anything. Is it as straight forward as remove, replace, and bleed the system?

Scottybones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brake hose coming off the caliper. It was so rusted that it basically disintegrated when I bumped it.
I looked at Advanced and it got bad reviews due to bad copper gaskets. I'm looking at NAPA now. Anyone have any experience with NAPA or any other local stores with this brake hose?

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on where you get the line/hose from. I got mine from Advance Auto and had to grind the block down some for it to fit.

Scottybones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it from NAPA. Didn't want to take a chance with advanced auto. I'm surprised at Advanced because they usually sell decent parts

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced my drivers front about a month ago, very quick and straight forward..
You do have to disconnect the line for it from the backside, in the engine bay.. 8 or 10mm I believe.. pretty sure 10 IIRC.
Anyways I just took off the wheel, take the hose off the caliper side, install a plug into the line or let it hang down into a container to catch the brake fluid that drains out. Then take the line off the back of the block side of the hose (drivers side of engine bay/backside of wheelwell), this will cause some more fluid to run out, cap it or put raga under the end. Then you can take the 10mm bolt off the brake hose mount next to the block.
Installation is reverse.. hope this answers what you're asking.
Not sure about the Napa or advanced auto versions, but the duralast part worked flawlessly and blowing through them when off you could tell the difference in their ability to move volume through them.

And of course bleed your fluid after and refill..

Last edited:

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, I'd definitely pick up a line wrench or flare nut wrench for the job.. for disconnecting the line from the hose in the engine bay.. strip the fitting there and you'll have to reflare the brake line and reform it slightly to reach the hose, or put a new hose on..
Paying a couple bucks for the wrench now could save a headache though, but if you don't want to a box end or combination can be used with care

Scottybones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got thru it with a box wrench. Hardest part was getting the brake line threaded into the new hose. Did it last night with shop lights outside. Glad I did because I had enough time today to finish up the front and complete the rear. All I have now is to bleed and get the alignment.