Front bearing issue I believe

Discussion in 'KJ General Discussion' started by nnote, Dec 8, 2019.

1. nnote

nnote Member

Pretty sure I need to do my front right bearing. Getting a rattle from that area. 190k miles 2006
    I haven't been able to find if this is a case of replacing a bearing or just easier replacing the axle shaft all together?

2. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

what kind of noise
    could be bearing, does it get louder if turning one way over the other
    Could also be theCV and Intermediate shaft as well, when worn out they make a heck of a noise
    if CV then NAPA remanned ONLY as a replacement with a new intermediate shaft

3. ltd02

ltd02 Comfortably numb KJ Supporting Member

I've never heard a wheel bearing rattle. Get under there and start wiggling stuff.

4. nnote

nnote Member

its the marbles being spun in a tin can sound. Mostly between 35 and 50 or so. It's hard to tell if there's any droning as my tires are on the aggressive side so road noise...
    I dont get any extra or different noises when turning. I also got a clank (not a clunk) over cracks in the road in the right mid to front side. Checked the exhaust shield, banged quite a bit on the front right door to see if it's in there. Might be sway bar link but it seems good. I do know I need to change out my ball joints.

5. tommudd

tommudd Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Get the ball joints done ASAP !
    almost daily people on Fakebook are complaining about their ball joints breaking/ falling out, due to never checking them or changing them when they know they are bad