Front axle seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a part number other than the OE part number ( 5066-066AA) for a front axle seal. I've got one that's weeping and don't want to spend $31 for a seal from the dealer.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
$31 for a seal.. or..

how many hundreds for new bearings and whatnot because it leaked itself to deat?

wyckoff chrysler for discount mopar parts.. but id go get the seal asap.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will get the seal and swap it out soonest. Just looking for an alternate PN and something less expensive than the dealer.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't check, but did you look at RockAuto? Maybe they have something...

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are all wonderful suggestions. Kinda useless if I want one right quick though with shipping, customs and all that crap.

Found one in Canada that I can have overnight, Chicago Rawhide (Yee-Haw) pn 21172, $13 CDN, delivered.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are all wonderful suggestions. Kinda useless if I want one right quick though with shipping, customs and all that crap.

Found one in Canada that I can have overnight, Chicago Rawhide (Yee-Haw) pn 21172, $13 CDN, delivered.
Chicago Rawhide seals are good seals.Kinda surprised you found one so cheap,I had to source one for my Atlas that cost $45.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Troy, can you check the Pn for me and see if it's even for the D30A thats in my KJ? PN was 21172.

Thanks man

Ian

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a part number other than the OE part number ( 5066-066AA) for a front axle seal. I've got one that's weeping and don't want to spend $31 for a seal from the dealer.

Not to be critical, dude, but $31 for a part isn't bad. It's not like $100 for my stupid transfer case position sensor. :mad:(banghead)

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to be critical, dude, but $31 for a part isn't bad. It's not like $100 for my stupid transfer case position sensor. :mad:(banghead)

S'all good Jknot. I was just looking for options outside of the dealership's parts department is all. Like I said earlier. Found a Chicago Rawhide (SKF)part for $13.

If I was to get a "happy ending" from the dealer, I might go there more often. I usually leave there feeling dirty and ashamed.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
That's all that is there is a plastic/teflon ring?

Factory was a "Torrington" bearing,shaft rested right on rollers. Then "they" came out with this super-duper replacement. cheap bastards should of used a bearing and race from the word go. Excuse my spelling.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, turns out that the Chicago Rawhide PN was for the pinion seal. Looks like I'm going to get a$$ ***** by the dealer again.

Latest posts

Members online