Front ABS Pass Side Sensor Wire Routing.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid question, I was under the Jeep after work checking out some things since I'm thinking that it isn't the rear passenger Sensor, possibly still I'm not ruling it out. I went back to an old haunt that has given me ABS problems in the beginning and that is the front passenger sensor. Now I found one of the holders was undone and the wire hanging but no damage that I could see. But I noticed the wire is routed in front of the knuckle. Where on the driver side the wire is routed behind the knuckle and under the caliper. I'm thinking the issue lies there and that the wire has been rubbing up against the front passenger rotor. So before I make a full assumption here that might be the issue, are the wires supposed to be routed behind the knuckle and under the caliper?

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wire comes out the side, up and around the bump stop bracket, behind the upper control arm, down and clipped to the brake hose, and to the bearing hub from the front. Yes the drivers side does loop around to the back near the caliper, but the passenger side does not. Where the wire goes into the hub, the fitting has it pointing towards the front of the Jeep. Looping it backwards can make the wire drag on the rotor. Let me know if you need a picture. I know mine is an 02 and yours an 07, but we both use the exact same bearing hubs.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wire comes out the side, up and around the bump stop bracket, behind the upper control arm, down and clipped to the brake hose, and to the bearing hub from the front. Yes the drivers side does loop around to the back near the caliper, but the passenger side does not. Where the wire goes into the hub, the fitting has it pointing towards the front of the Jeep. Looping it backwards can make the wire drag on the rotor. Let me know if you need a picture. I know mine is an 02 and yours an 07, but we both use the exact same bearing hubs.

A picture would be perfect to see how its set up, to me it doesn't seem right but it may be so with a picture that will clarify.

Latest posts

Members online