From TJ to Liberty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vandoo701

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a TJ with 32'' x 11,5" tires, I consider switching to a liberty for family reason... its hard to carry a 1 years old boy in a TJ. I have found a 2006 jeep liberty limited with a 3 inch suspension lift kit. I have been told that even with spacers or offset rims there is no way I can't fit anything bigger then 31 inches tires no wider then 9,5 inches unless I cut into the side of the body itself. Is that true, also I have been told that unless the supension tap have been changed there are good reason that I will spend half of my time at the garage changing my cardans. Forgive my spelling and choice of words Im french speaking..

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
(welcome)

If lifted correctly, you can go up to 32" before you need to start worrying about cutting into the body.

vandoo701

Reaction score
I have found another liberty for sale that is interesting... but the description says Front wheel drive which is a no-go but in the pics I can see tha 2WD - AWD - 4HI - 4LO selectore.. does the FWD version have this selector?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
First to run 32s you'll need to regear to 4.10s
next you need a good lift of at the very least 3 inches or more
Some of the so called 3 inch lifts are not really that much
wheels will need spacers on stock wheels or 7 inch wide wheels with 4 inches of back spacing
Not as easy as just slapping on 32s and be done
245-75-16s are a much better fit

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info... dilemma...

Why??
I see opportunity :happy175:
Do it right and you'll have a great ride, 4 doors and a unique vehicle that you don't see all of the time
You must be registered for see images attach