Free 2005 Libery Limited-Sort of

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

capt42104

Reaction score
Hey all! Back story on the Jeep-A life long buddy ordered it from a local Jeep dealer in late 2004 and he used it to commute 120 miles a day for about ten years in the Central Valley of California. It NEVER saw any off road/snow or hills for that matter. Just an expensive commuter. It sat parked mostly for 5 years after he retired in 2013. Around 2 years ago, with 215k miles on the ODO, it began an intermittent no start problem so figured it was terminal. He offered it to me free if I would come tow it off his property. I told him there was stuff all over the internet about the ignition switches failing and they were super easy to replace and CHEAP! He said it was old and he just wanted it gone. Well, $45 for switch and $200 in DMV fees I had a runner! In the 2 years I have had it, I replaced all of the A/C parts under the hood (comp/cond/orfice/dryer/pipes and hoses), all fluids and filters/tires, rear springs and shocks, all the bushings and ball joints in the front (already had new struts and rack&pinion when I got it) water pump, thermo, all hoses, belt, pulleys, transfer case shift cable bushing......and U-Joints. So, the free Jeep was actually about $3500! Not bad for what I have. Oh, and with 225k miles on it now, it doesn't burn much more than half a quart of oil every 3k miles and doesn't leak anything. I always heard horrible things about these Jeeps, but it is demonstrated it is a pretty cool utility vehicle and it is really growing on me.

You must be registered for see images attach

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!
This is a great story, install an ignition actuator, fix er all up and continue driving a good KJ!
How come I can never find deals like this? ;)

Brendon Holt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks clean considering that mileage! Hell of a deal you got there :) Oh also welcome to the club! They're not nearly as bad as their reputation

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
It's amazing what you can find when it comes to stuff other people have given up on. Looks like you made out very well. :)

Latest posts

Members online