Frankenlift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jelohead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my rig is a so-far stock 05 rocky mountain liberty. i'm considering a lift, i've read good things about rusty's, spoke to the folks about the rockfather 2 setup, and i'm playing phone-tag with the guys out west re: the frankenlift. people have stated thst the rusty's shocks/struts arent the best, and should be swapped for different parts. rockfather uses OME springs and struts, and their own rear shocks. frankenlift uses OME, skyjacker, and daystar parts. has anyone out there installed a frankenlift setup? that setup has my interest, im still wavering though. i should also tell ya that i commute 100 miles a day, so whatever i install needs to be suitable for road use primarily, and off road whenever i get the itch! LOL 235/70/16 revos will be installed next week. how bout some FIRST hand feedback from all you more experienced folks! thanx! jelo

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why not go for 245/70R16 Revo's as they will fit with NO rubbing before you get the Lift on instead of the 235/70R16's

from what i Know the frankenlift uses OME HD Front spring and Skyjacker rear and the Rockfather II is a copy of the frankenlift

jelohead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, i got the revos yesterday, and they look awesome! cant wait to tear up some trails! so, no one out there has any experience with the Frankenlift?

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jelohead said:
well, i got the revos yesterday, and they look awesome! cant wait to tear up some trails! so, no one out there has any experience with the Frankenlift?

The Frankenlift is a great lift. Plus it comes with fully assembled struts. It is pricey, but everything it top quality. No coners are cut or cheap parts used. Probably over a million miles on the kit without and reported problems. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

jelohead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanx eddo, thats what im wanting to hear! im still investigating i did notice all the brand name parts included, im guessing those folks out west have tried many different combinations of parts and decided on that collection. any one else have any first hand experience with the frankenlift?

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jelohead said:
thanx eddo, thats what im wanting to hear! im still investigating i did notice all the brand name parts included, im guessing those folks out west have tried many different combinations of parts and decided on that collection. any one else have any first hand experience with the frankenlift?

Yeah, they actually tried out 10 different lift combinations. Just taking the same KJ and swapping stuff out day after to day to see what preformed the best. Give Quinn a call over at boulderbars.com and he will explain to you the whole story on how they developed. He is a really great guy, will help anyway he can and loves to talk about Jeeps. Not pushy one bit.

Let us know how it goes.

m0th

Reaction score
I've just put in the Frankenlift. Not taken it offroad yet, but on-road it rides better than stock. I'm still on my stock-sized Revos, but I'll be changing them soon. Looks a little odd with the small tires now. :)

Latest posts

Members online