I broke my hitch bolts taking them off this past weekend, stealership cross-threaded 2 of 4. I put my thinking cap on and came up with this: I started by welding some 4x4x.25” angle iron onto each side of the hitch receiver, then knocking the factory hitch nuts out and retrieving them with a magnet from inside the frame rails. Next I drilled the holes all the way up through the floorboard, and fabricated the crush plates using 3/16” thick steel. I used self tapping screws to cinch the crush plates to the upper side of the frame rails. Four 5/8x6” bolts are in place of the puny factory ones, and I plan on adding a few more horizontally into the bumper frame with DOM crush sleeves.