found a 2005... parts for my 2007?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine:
2007 v6 4x4 6spd

Found:
2005 i4 4x4 6spd (119k miles.)

Notes/confirm:
4.10 (05) vs 3.55 (07) diff gearing
front diff is a direct swap
all body panels and interior bits will swap
transfer case is the same

Questions:
rear diff isn't swappable because abs? if true can I easily move parts around?
is the transmission a direct swap? bell housings are or are not the same?
are driveshafts swappable?
other than the obvious (engine, ecu, engine wiring harness) are there any other parts that would not be usable as spares?

The two big things I want to be able to use from the 05 in my 07 would be the trans and the transfer case. I have... ideas... for both and would like experiment on them without taking down my jeep.

Thanks to the smart people who hopefully will respond. :gr_grin:

ETA: the 05 appears to be in serviceable condition. It's at one of those changes-names-every-few-months used car lots in a sketchy town, so it probably needs the usual for its age. My plan would be to yank the transfer case and trans, do my "testing" on them, and either cut it up for parts or put it into service here and keep the 07 as my "nice" one.

Last edited:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can swap the '05 rear axle into your '07. I put an '05 4 cylinder rear axle in my '03 and all was fine.

I'm pretty sure the bellhousngs are the same too. Can't imagine Chrysler would have separate bellhousing designs for the 4 cylinders, especially since so few of them were produced. I'd think they'd want consistency on the production line, with the only change being the engine and wire harness. Everything else would be the same.

My 2 cents - I'm sure other will chime in.

Bob