"Forever Black" is black, is not forever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patricKK

Reaction score
I first used "Forever Black" on my 2008 Liberty KK when it was about 2 years old. The manufacturer's label says that it is a plastic dye, same as dyes used by the vehicle OEM. "Forever Black" lives up to this claim, if not it's name. I get comments all the time that my Jeep looks "new". "Forever Black" also lasts about as long as the OEM plastic color -- 2 years. One bottle has provided me with two applications, with a little leftover. I do the fenders (flares and insides), door handles, window trim, ...all the exterior black plastic.
Don't get it on the paint. Once there, it is truly forever black!
Since Forever Black is a dye, I would expect a UV protectant, like Armor-All would extend the life of the color, but I see no benefit. Armor-all seems to not last very long in the California sun.
I will need to buy another bottle this year, so I am looking for tips from this forum if there is a better product or more-durable UV protectant on the market.
PatricKK

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Krylon black satin paint. Clean fenders, scuff up with green scothbright pad. Clean again and paint. Mines held up great and stays black

Sent with the power of children's screams!!!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I like Bondo Restore black...lasts long (longer than the Mothers stuff IMO), it's actually a black liquid dye so it's a PITA to get off of paint.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well mothers is more like a wax then a stain. I just use it when I wax the jeep so the plastics look good as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Peanut Butter

Last edited: