For those with an ARB 05-07

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, anybody find a sure fire way to seal up the marker/turn signal lamp assembly? The one that ARB includes with the bumper lets water/mud/dirt in and is a beyotch to clean.

Ideas? Anyone?

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never really had a problem with it. There's a bit of a gap around it and the bumper and I've never had any issues clearing out any gunk with a high pressure hose.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not around the light assembly dude, I'm talking about in the light assembly. I've had to take them out of the bumper, take them apart and clean the muck out of them. There are little vent holes above the lamps on the backside, I plugged them up with some clear silicone and put some around the lens to lamp flange but filth somehow manages to still get inside. It's a real bugger. I'll try to get some pics up of what I'm talking about.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics of dirt inside the lamp

Dirty light removed from bumper...

You must be registered for see images attach

Dirt has managed to make an ingress of the lamp assembly...

The filth inside

I removed the lens from the lamp, cleaned out the works and made a hefty clear silicone gasket/seal for the perimeter of the lens. Also siliconed the wee vent holes on the backside and sealed up what could have passed for a drain except it didn't drain for beans.

We'll see how they hold up.

KJJosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have this problem as well. I called ARB and will let everyone know what I find out.

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that problem (dude) when I lived in FL and all the trails were under water. My solution was to move to the 2nd driest state in the Union..... Dude. I opened the housings up can cleaned them out when they got bad wasn't that big of a deal for me... never occured to me to call ARB for a solution. Dude.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that problem (dude) when I lived in FL and all the trails were under water. My solution was to move to the 2nd driest state in the Union..... Dude. I opened the housings up can cleaned them out when they got bad wasn't that big of a deal for me... never occured to me to call ARB for a solution. Dude.

Point made.

KJJosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ARB informed me to do what Ian has already done. The tech that I talked to did say he hasn't heard of this issue before so maybe if enough of us call they may change the design.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone try making a gasket for it? you can get a roll of gasket material at the parts store for under $10, trace out what you need, cut it with an exacto knife, then spray it with WD40 to keep it from sticking to one part or another and ripping when you remove lens

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh... i'd go for the material that is like really thick construction paper, but you could do the cork if you don't mind the lens sticking out a little further