Fog light harness

Discussion in 'KJ General Discussion' started by AJ9P, Mar 1, 2021.

1. AJ9P

AJ9P Member KJ Supporting Member

Hi, I would like to install fog lights on my Jeep. Turns out the relay for them is already installed. I was looking to see if the wiring harness was there for them and I found this. Is it safe to assume that this is the harness I am looking for ? Thanks jw

Attached Files:

2. LibertyTC

LibertyTC Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Your 2006 Factory manual is here: https://colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/2006-KJ-SM.pdf
    You will need a new turn signal stalk as it has the pull out end switch specifically made for the Fogs as far as I know.
    Luckily my KJ came with the fogs & hopefully some one here knows more about the 2006 fog light install.

AJ9P likes this.
  3. LibertyTC

It's also known as a multi-function switch, and yes it would need to be the fog light version, with pull out switch.

AJ9P likes this.
  4. LibertyTC

Could not find find in the fiche part numbers for the lights or multi function switch.
    Would be best to call the dealer & see if they are still available, give them your VIN #.
    My way of thinking is that there should be a connector or harness to plug into for new fog lights.
    Otherwise you may have to find them at a bone yard. Let us know what they say please.
    The good news is as your KJ is a 2006 they are mounted in the grille with much easier access, than my 04 that is located in the bumper.

5. Billwill

Billwill Full Access Member

Somebody here on this Site recently posted a picture and part number of a non-OEM Multifunction switch which works well at a good price....I cannot at this stage find that post.:confused:

If a new assembly or bone-yard assembly cannot be sourced then the worst case scenario is that you fit a separate switch to turn on the Fog Lights!;)

Give us the wire colors in the plug that you assume is for the Fog Lamps....should be solid colors or a solid color with another color stripe. We can then check the wiring diagrams to see if this harness is indeed for the Fog Lamps.:)

You can do a search on the Home Page for multifunction

There are a fair amount of hits there!;)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021