fog light door on 07..?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I had hoped that the reason my fog lights don't work is because the fuse was missing.
I put in a new fuse and fiddled with the control multi function control lever.Nothing.
The fog light indicator light does come on.
So the next step in this is checking to see if the bulbs are burned out or maybe the connection is loose.
But,to do this,it looks like I need to pop open the little door as shown in this clip(its at the 34 second mark)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The Youtube clip says 02-04.
Mine is an 07.
Does the 07 have this door?If so,it must be behind the wheel well,inside fender/whatchamacallit?
Don't want to have to remove parts if I don't need to.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The 02-04 were mounted into the bumper fascia, they had a door to access fog bulbs.
The 05 to 07 are mounted into the grille.
You must be registered for see images attach

The video below gives you an idea how to remove grille etc and then access the fog light..
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I always thought that if the fog light indicator was on, that the relay should be ok.

Reaction score
The fuse that I put in was the one for the relay.
I checked the fuse near the control panel and it was good.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I always thought that if the fog light indicator was on, that the relay should be ok.
May be. I was just thinking back to my '07 and the relay was not present. Can't remember if anything lit up or not. The instructions are not overly clear about the relay location.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya I hear that! Considering there are no 2007 FSM's readily available, We are just suppose to guess..o_O
My 04 lists separate relays for fog and Exports like mine, had extra Daytime running light circuits to boot.
All nicely concealed inside the junction block!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought the factory fogs and installed them myself. The dumb IKEA-like instructions just had a picture of the relay location. Mine would not work so I said "uncle" and took it to the dealer. The mechanic there popped a relay in and said let there be light, and there was light. And he saw it and saw that it was good. He also agreed that the instruction diagram was not so hot and did not charge me.

https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/fog-lights-2007-liberty-sport.54403/

https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/fog-lights-2007-liberty-sport.54403/page-2#post-611482

Reaction score
Here is a pic showing where the missing fuse was located;far left bottom row
Like i said in earlier post,putting in a brand new fuse(30) did nothing.
And yes I notice how dusty it looks.I blew it out with some Blow Off before inserting the fuse.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That's dirty. For best connection, Spray contact cleaner or alcohol on a precision Q-tip would be best.

Latest posts

Members online