Fog light bulb size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2023matt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could really use some help with some fog light info. I have a 2006 Liberty Renegade so I have the fog lights coming out of the top of the bumper (I've put in a picture below if you're confused by my ****** description).
I'm looking to get some brighter lights for the fog lights and I can't really figure out what size bulb I need. Also I really don't know if I can even open up the current casing and replace the bulbs.
Please someone let me know what I can/can't do!!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes of course you can replace the bulb
If I remember right they are 55 watt bulbs I think ( sold a bunch of those a few years back ).
They are not a driving light, they are a fog light so adding a larger bulb, while giving you some added light is not the same as adding larger bulbs to driving lights.

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are 3 screws on the back to remove to take the fog light apart. The bulb appears to be one used in 12V spotlights, H3 type

2023matt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok perfect! That answers my question. Now I'm also looking to replace the head lights and lots of people say that you can't put LEDs in the same housing as the stock lights. Is there a different housing I could get? And are HIDs a good idea or are they completely illegal? (I've seen a few people say they use HIDs)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok perfect! That answers my question. Now I'm also looking to replace the head lights and lots of people say that you can't put LEDs in the same housing as the stock lights. Is there a different housing I could get? And are HIDs a good idea or are they completely illegal? (I've seen a few people say they use HIDs)

The headlight buckets are designed for halogen bulbs , period.
anything else just scatters light out everywhere.
There is no different housing that just bolts in would have to be custom mount.
Some people use them, but..................
Of course you can iqnore this as well
sounds like you need some good driving lights

2023matt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The headlight buckets are designed for halogen bulbs , period.
anything else just scatters light out everywhere.
There is no different housing that just bolts in would have to be custom mount.
Some people use them, but..................
Of course you can iqnore this as well
sounds like you need some good driving lights

You are correct I do need some good driving lights. I live in an area where kids, animals, and whatever else could just walk into the road. While my current head lights do get the job done, it's at the bare minimum. I need something that could shine a bit more light further down the road.
Also what about the Philip's lights? I think I saw on another post that you said the xtream vision one wouldn't work, but I may not be correct.
If those don't work, what about a smaller one like Phillip's VisonPlus?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've ran the Philips 9007 X-tremeVision in my 04 and had them in my 03 for over a year, plus just installed a pair in the 05 recently

2023matt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've ran the Philips 9007 X-tremeVision in my 04 and had them in my 03 for over a year, plus just installed a pair in the 05 recently

Perfect!! Thanks you!!

Latest posts

Members online