Flickering Warning Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So driving to work in my 06 and I started seeing warning lights coming on in the cluster. Unfortunately, it was super fast so I couldn't see what the problem was. About the third time, I saw one was the brake light. Seems like I have a loose connection somewhere. Any thoughts on where to check first?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Adam Roby

Full Access Member
Reaction score

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: when I had it in the shop last week to replace the exploded ignition switch, I asked the mechanic to tighten the battery terminal connections. He cleared codes, rebooted the computer etc., but didn't tighten the cables. Had a lovely disco display into work on Tuesday so I tightened the connections in the rain and all was well. Then tonight, Jeep is running fine, stop into store, come out and it is dead. Tried 2 portable power packs and a jump and nothing. I patiently removed the clamps off the battery, cleaned them and re-installed them. It was at this point I noticed the clamp to the cable connection was loose. Tightened it back down and, as they say...voila! Started right up. Moral to the story: if your dash lights become disco lights, check your battery connections...ALL of them!

Now, is there a high end battery clamp? I thought I saw a military grade clamp on here somewhere...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya Tight cables are required for good connections.
IDK about military grade, but try to google "brass battery terminals" they are solid.

Latest posts

Members online