First time Jeep owner from Ohio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slippry

Reaction score
Hello everyone I just purchased a Blue 02 Jeep Liberty. I come from a VW GTi and got tired of getting stuck in the snow in these Ohio winters. My wife has a Jeep Grand Cherokee and insisted that I take a look at jeeps. We went looking for a SUV with 4wd and came home with the Liberty. Its a Liberty Sport with really no bells or whistles but I am enjoying the vehicle thus far. I do have a question on aftermarket parts. Where is a good place online where I can view aftermarket parts? Also has anyone been made fun of that this is a girls car? A bunch of guys at work have been making fun of me that its a girls car. I really don't care about what they say because I enjoy the Liberty but was wandering if anyone had a similar experience. I enjoy meeting everyone!

TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome...another ohioan.... and another blue one, not black!!!!:D
You can try boulder bars.com, rock lizard fabrication for bumpers, racks, etc. Also, Boiler on this site make roof racks, skid plates from aluminum.
You can beef it up a bit with some more aggresive tires, maybe2-3" lift kit, bumpers, winch, etc depending on your needs. I occassionally drive my wife's Libby...it's got soccer and pom pom stickers on the back:( .
We usually have meet and greets several times a year for the ohio chapter regular off road outings, etc.
There are plenty of pics out here and on lostkjs.com of lifted, modded Libbys....show you coworkers some pics of the solid front axle (SFA) Libbys rock climbing then let them make their comments!!! We have quite a few lifted libbys here in ohio
http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18924&sid=dc4574d605de8dc0c393c7e9314de475
http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16427&sid=dc4574d605de8dc0c393c7e9314de475
http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=73&sid=dc4574d605de8dc0c393c7e9314de475

Where @ in columbus? Got a few members up that way, I lived in Westerville for 4 yrs during college.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome, slippry!

ThunderbirdJunkie's heard all kinds of comments...but TBH...he heard them about his Isuzu Trooper, 80s t-birds, pretty much every vehicle he's owned

So it's not like there's anything bad that's going to happen. You won't get mobbed by gay guys and start wearing makeup every day, if that's what you're asking :p

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome, I'm in Columbus all the time , main office is there, lived in Lancaster for a long time.
If the people you work with say the Liberty looks like a girls vehicle tell them its a real Jeep and plus In Ohio we don't let anyone drive a stock KJ for long! All end up lifted sooner or later
You must be registered for see images attach

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what if there is a lot of soccer moms driving them, the way i look at it they just have good taste as well, am i right or what?? Its a very capable 4wd vehicle even stock, and i sure as heck wont look back now.

Its a JEEP thing....

And Welcome to the best Jeep Forum!

TigerClaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell them you wont pull them out of those snow storms this winter because they have kids cars and mom will let them play in the snow ... that works ;)

Guiitar Man

Reaction score
I've been getting that a lot at work too! The guys say, "Your the first male I've seen drive one of those." Currently working on making mine look a little more manly lol Doesn't bother me either because I just tell them that if a lot of chicks are driving it then that just means I have a chick magnet.

Boiler

Reaction score
I comment all the time how everyone I see in a liberty is either old, a woman, or both. Now of course if you're a woman that really is crazy about her jeep like most of us are, great! I just hate not being able to talk to people on the street about their ride. I know most of them don't know the difference between a Liberty, a suburban, or a tracker. So often I don't bother.

All that said, it doesn't affect how I look at my Jeep. I love it, think it looks great, and I like the fact that I'm doing things too it that most people have never seen done before. The people on here that see our lifts or aftermarket parts as standard issue are really about 1/20th of a % of the population. Most people are pretty impressed with any lift, tire upgrade, etc.

Today the owners son where I work and I went on a field trip in my Jeep and as I unlocked it he said "you mean I get to ride in that beast finally?" Was pretty cool. In my head I thought "I'm not riding in that toyota..."

Latest posts

Members online