First Time Jeep Owner.. eco mode stupid question time!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

El Guapo

Reaction score
Hi all, I just got a 2010 Liberty North Edition(sport) and noticed the ECO mode in the dash display. I understand what it's for, but not crazy about the way it operates(poor coasting, for instance). Is there a way to disable eco mode? I've looked all over the net and cannot find out if it's even possible to disable let alone how to do it. So...can anyone tell me if this is possible? Or is it a permanent feature?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 08 doesn’t have this so I am not entirely sure, but my understanding is that it just tells you when you are driving in a relatively efficient fashion. It supposedly cuts gas from the cylinders when coasting, but I think that’s probably true with my 08 also. Just a marketing gimmick, I’m afraid. No buttons to turn it off.

El Guapo

Reaction score
As I feared, lol. Not that big of a deal, but would have been nice to have the ability to compare modes.

Latest posts

Members online