First Jeep Newb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwayne

Reaction score
Drove this 06 home Friday. Haven't really gotten out of it since! 66k miles, and in great shape. One rear window had an issue on the lot. Thanks to you guys I knew to be looking for it. Had em repair it and put on a full set of tires before I brought it home. Looking fwd to this not falling apart on the very rough New Orleans streets like my last car (or the backwoods dirt roads in Mississippi!).
What to do first is the burning question (after getting over the down payment). Mudders, black rims, lights, bars, new radio (want the aux input)....doesn't seem to stop. Is it uncool to lift a 2wd? I'm a musician as well, so a cargo cover couldn't hurt. The rims are the only thing not dark khaki, grey, or black, and I'd kinda like to make them black as well as everything else that gets added. I've already seen the rim painting thread, and might just be in for a few rattlecans first.
Anyways, glad to be aboard!
Cheers

You must be registered for see images attach

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum cwayne.

Dave

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee...
It's so nice when a new member signs up on our forum and doesn't even bother with an introduction!/QUOTE]

This is his introduction Ry?

Welcome to the forum cwayne.

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome
Lift it and make it your own
dress it up and enjoy it however you want

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say lift it. It will look cool as a prerunner.
One of my Kjs is a 2Wheeler lifted and my youngest just got back from Silver lack dunes with it . She said she had a blast and did better than she thought she would.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(welcome)
After 66k, your stock suspension is probably pretty sagged. So you could probably replace your shocks and coils. And if you're going to replace, you should upgrade, and if you're going to upgrade, you might as well lift it.:icon_twisted::icon_twisted:

Last edited:

cwayne

Reaction score
Thanks guys.
I'll check those shocks/coils, Jo - I like your way of thinking.

Sorry my introduction didn't fit your protocol, Ry. I suppose a club isn't worth joining if you don't get your b**ls busted a little at first. ;)

cwayne

Reaction score
Porkchop - i hadda look that one up. Not looking to lay it on extra heavy, just to make er a little more tough looking. It will get off pavement. Nothing crazy, but it won't be a stranger to some mud.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Porkchop - i hadda look that one up. Not looking to lay it on extra heavy, just to make er a little more tough looking. It will get off pavement. Nothing crazy, but it won't be a stranger to some mud.

I hear you but once you get the bug it's hard to stop with the mods as time goes on like new springs and shocks= a lift at no extra cost then when you need new tires you can go a little bigger and if you put a locker in the rear it makes it more capable and so on and so on. Its easy to do when you have a nice Kj like yours o and you have to take pictures and keep us posted. LOL

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online