Fiat-Chrysler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ROME - Fiat and Chrysler said Tuesday they have agreed to form a strategic alliance that would give the Italian auto empire a 35-percent stake in the troubled U.S. carmaker and could eventually bring it full control.

Full Article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28747620/

So our Jeeps go from having a German Influence to a Italian one?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chrysler is the ghetto of all. They are looking for suckers all over the world. Next stop they will make a deal with the damn ****. :D

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Chrysler is the ghetto of all. They are looking for suckers all over the world. Next stop they will make a deal with the damn ****. :D
You're late.

Where have you been? :D

They're already going to build a new truck for Nissan and Chrysler receives a car from Nissan.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats funny, but in the 33 years I've had my Mini (Since new) I have never had any problems with my wiring.

I read an article a couple of years ago, that Lucas is much improved and has finally entered the 20th century in their electrics. I think it was in Road & Track.

Making fun of Lucas is an old tradition that doesn't die easily. After all, the Lucas jokes never get old.

Q: Why do the British drink warm beer?
A: Because Lucas makes refrigerators, too.

(rotflmao)

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Jeep being sold to International makes sense, and is true...

FIAT & CHRYSLER

You must be registered for see images attach

Jan 20th 2009; The beleaguered automaker has entered into a global strategic alliance with Fiat SpA, giving both companies access to each others' products and markets. Fiat will also lend a hand in developing a business plan to present to the US Treasury; bringing to bear experience gained through the Italian auto giant's own restructuring. Overnight, Chrysler gets access to a range of small, fuel-efficient cars that are nothing like what is currently offered in Pentastar showrooms. Fiat's engineering will be ported over to some Chrysler manufacturing sites, keeping the plants busy and offering both brands ample capacity for the parts they will need to build cars.

For its efforts, Fiat will get a 35 percent equity interest in Chrysler and a way for the Italian automaker to re-enter the American market incognito by lending Chrysler the small, efficient cars it's sorely lacking. The partnership will go the other way, as well, with Chrysler vehicles gaining access to other markets through Fiat's distribution muscle. The UAW is on board, as are CEOs Marchionne and Nardelli. It's far more exciting to think of the vehicles that might come this way from Fiat, but who knows, maybe some market, somewhere, will discover it can't get enough of the Sebring.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Yeah, yet ANOTHER media created rumour because Chrysler's mouths have been so... shut lately since they became a private company.

Take the Chrysler 200C for example. Absolutely NOBODY knew about that car until it was released.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Even the whole Fiat & Chrysler deal isn't set in stone. IF it gets gov't approval it won't be finalized until like 3 months from now.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
OK lets clear this up...

Chrysler LLC and General Motors: NO, not going to happen, NEVER WAS going to happen! (BOTH companies have stated this!!!)
Jeep and Tata Motors: NO!
Jeep and Mahindra: NO!
Chrysler LLC and Fiat: YES, but deal MUST be approved by US Gov't, and possibly French Gov't too.
Chrysler LLC and Magna: They didn't bid enough $$$$ for Chrysler LLC, so the deal fell through.
Chrysler LLC and Nissan: CEO Carlos Ghosn wants no part of it.
Chrysler LLC and The Chinese: They (meaning, a chinese company) will likely buy the tooling to the PT Cruiser, that's about it.

When someone mentions "Chrysler", they are typically speaking of the entire company.

and the most important statement of my post:

Jeep is NO LONGER a division of Chrysler LLC... nor has it ever been (from what I've seen...). It is a BRAND NAME. Chrysler LLC (the company!) can slap the "Jeep" brand name on ANYTHING they produce. They do not have their own headquarters, nor do they have their own engineering offices. (Unless you count PROC/JTE, which was a combination of Jeeps AND Dodge trucks, but regardless, all engineering is done in Auburn Hills now...)

Anything else need debunking or clarifying? :)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
May i ask what are your sources ? Where the info comes from ? Just looking for sources reliability, nothing else ...

Just trust me please. I really do not feel like going back and looking for all this crap. :)

NOT saying I am full of bullcrap (ask some of the original members of the site, they know I am nowhere near it) just saying, I am simply lazy. :D

A lot of these "news stories" are created by the media themselves just to publish something. Chrysler LLC is private now. There's not many sources of leaked info anymore. So the media creates their own. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online