fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, There was talks that some where being made but that's been so long ago that I'm going to venture and say the idea was scrapped. Ast this point you are basically stuck with stock or fabricating something yourself if you want a different look.

Some have just taken them off completely. I'm not a fan of how it looks without them but if others like it that's cool.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Renegade so love my fender flares but if I were going to custom make some I would remove the fender flares and make ones like the Bushwacker Flat Style for Jeep.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Tom. I took mine off on my KJ and trimmed them up a bit. What those flares are hiding is pretty ugly and horrible looking back there. It's a monstrosity when you see one with them fully removed(Makes the jeep look like it was in a wreck and they didn't finish getting it repaired). Trimmed up like I had didn't help any at all and all of that ugliness was still visible. I tried to paint it black in there to hide it. Photos it didn't look to bad but in person it was still very visible.

The flares allow no more level of clearance at all so I think for most it just became to much work for a purely aesthetic, nonfunctional mod and in the end the aesthetics where gone because of what's hidden behind the flares.

MacAndrew93

Reaction score
Is the Renegade fender flares the style like bushwackers with the blots across the top? Will those fit on other models besides the Renegade?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
renegade flares will interchange they are no different than the others except they have the fake bolts
Of course 02-04s are the same and will interchange and 05-07 are the same, can't interchange between those years

Dizzydevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the ones for a renegade fit on a sport model? I have an 03 sport and a 05 I like the renegade fenders however I couldn't find any renegadesuggestions for sale when I was looking and I got both of mine for a really good deal. If not I will make the ones I have look better by modifying them. Or just fabricate some out of sheet metal.

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the ones for a renegade fit on a sport model? I have an 03 sport and a 05 I like the renegade fenders however I couldn't find any renegadesuggestions for sale when I was looking and I got both of mine for a really good deal. If not I will make the ones I have look better by modifying them. Or just fabricate some out of sheet metal.

Your question was already answered by Tom.#-o

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

again, one more time:icon_lol:
tommudd

renegade flares will interchange they are no different than the others except they have the fake bolts
Of course 02-04s are the same and will interchange and 05-07 are the same, can't interchange between those years

Dizzydevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your question was already answered by Tom.#-o

Did not See that before I posted I am blind in one eye so its difficult read things clearly and my wife pointed that out after the fact:mad3: :buttkick::joke::mario: any how I was told by the Parts dept at the dealership it wouldn't work cause I was going to order a set. However if ya'll say they will I will grab them cause I want that look for mine. I would have bought a Renegade if I found one, but the one I did was garbage tore up bad and it had a sunroof I hate sunroofs so I picked up the Sport models instead. I got 2 Jeeps for the Price the Renegade was listed for so not complaining.:favorites37::emoticondancer:

Dizzydevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tend to repeat stuff from time to time I have a voice controlled program that allows me to speak what I want to say and the program turns my words into typed text to post on threads, emails etc. so if I repeat something sorry I have memory problems cause by T.B.I as a result of combat injuries.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Did not See that before I posted I am blind in one eye so its difficult read things clearly and my wife pointed that out after the fact:mad3: :buttkick::joke::mario: any how I was told by the Parts dept at the dealership it wouldn't work cause I was going to order a set. However if ya'll say they will I will grab them cause I want that look for mine. I would have bought a Renegade if I found one, but the one I did was garbage tore up bad and it had a sunroof I hate sunroofs so I picked up the Sport models instead. I got 2 Jeeps for the Price the Renegade was listed for so not complaining.:favorites37::emoticondancer:

Not a problem buddy!
Just make sure you get the renegade flares for your year , well 02-04 is the same so can order any year and they would work
Dealerships....:shrug::happy175:

Dizzydevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a problem buddy!
Just make sure you get the renegade flares for your year , well 02-04 is the same so can order any year and they would work
Dealerships....:shrug::happy175:

yea I know I hate dealerships too but they did not want to order them for me so I guess they were just being lazy.
(libwood) :shrug: I'll try and snag a set from the junk yard this weekend

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
yea I know I hate dealerships too but they did not want to order them for me so I guess they were just being lazy.
(libwood) :shrug: I'll try and snag a set from the junk yard this weekend

I had a set here since 2005 for my black one, John talked me out of them a few weeks back :emotions34::thumbsdown::icon_lol:

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Tom, ya think it would be possible for me to put Renegade flares on my '03 Sport?

Bob

Latest posts

Members online