Fender Bender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok here goes. I was on my way home one day sitting at a traffic light with one car infront of me and another behind. All of a sudden, the vehicle infront of me starts rolling towards me, I start honking to no avail and shift into reverse to give him more room to stop. Nothing, I had to stop so I wouldnt hit the person behind me, but the force of his (jeep grand cherokee) pushed me into the person behind me as well (vw jetta). He then realises what happened as Im screaming out the window. We pull over and check for damage. I feared that my tailgate would not open as I have read other comments here about how minor accidents F**ed up the hatch. I was suprised to see no damage to either cars. When checking on the front, he had a large scrape in his bumper and I now have a small hairline crack in the tow hook area. To avoid hastle I let him go. I have been thinking about getting an arb bumper but now I really want one, since anything can happen. I called my insurance company and they said that any modification under 1000 would not increase the premium. Now I just have to find one under 1000 for a 2005. Ill be on the lookout for a used one, but I will buy a new one in the summer if I cant find one. I am lucky to have very little damage though.
You must be registered for see images attach

It actually is about 3 inches long but its hard to notice since its so thin. If you look closely next to the big scuff you can see the thin crack. It loops around and goes down alittle bit.

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would your Insurance premium go up? I have all types of steel that I have added on mine with out any increases. I have the ARB front with lights and winch and a custom rear bumper that I made with gas can holder, hi lift and bigger spare.

As for the price...I honestly have not priced them out in awhile but you should easily get one for under 1k. Install is pretty easy too so not a big deal.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why, but they said my rates would not go up unless the modification was valued at over $1000, so Im guessing they would value the whole car higher too. I can also get it covered for replacement if its damaged, and not have the rates go up if its under $1000. Yeah, the installation looks pretty straight foreward.

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are putting in a winch too...make sure you have someone else there with you. I had my wife tighten the bolts while I held the bumper up and it was a PITA, lol. Without the winch I did it myself...just need to be a bit flexible. Install time was about...2 hours or less. The most for me was sitting there with a beer in one hand and a saw in the other for the fenders. LOL. Once you make that first cut though...be warned you will want to keep on cutting.:icon_twisted::happy175:

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will keep that in mind. Thanks for the help! Haha thr good thing about 05 and up is no fender cutting! Wooo!

Latest posts

Members online