Feedback on touch screen H/U upgrade option form ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigMopar440

Reaction score
Yes I have a question did you get your steering wheel controls to work? Thanks in advance

Lee
I have been researching this very thing. I do not own one of these h/u so have not tried this but it is my theory.

If this is the same unit that is all over eBay and YouTube under varying brands such as Koolertron, there is a wire for remote input and that input is programmable.

The steering wheel controls work by varying resistance for each function. This means a different voltage is sent for each function. These units are programmed according to the voltage detected. There are two wires from the clockspring, one for each set of buttons, that go to the body control module. There is a single wire out that goes to the pci of the factory stereo.

My theory is splicing the remote wire from this unit into the wire from the bcm will provide the different voltages for each function allowing correct programming of the stereo so the steering wheel controls would work.

I could also be completely wrong though. The output from the bcm could be something completely different. I intend to pull my wife's factory stereo and put a volt meter on this to test my theory. My wife desperately wants an upgrade from her stock unit so I have her blessing to test on her KJ.

If anyone has already tested this please let us know. Otherwise I will give an update when I try it.

Latest posts

Members online