Fairing Treatment?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deliciousdaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like my unpainted fairings are getting lighter or oxidizing or whatever. I used some WD40 on it, it looked good for a bit but it came back. I was thinking of trying the "back to black" but it is not permanent. Any ideas how I can get it new looking again?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You could try Meguire's Ultimate protectant, longer lasting but still not long term. On my LR3, with plastic flairs, when they get bad I'm getting them bedlined.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to Black will work for about a week or one rain. Whichever comes first. 303 Aerospace Protectant will bring them back to life for a month or so. Meguiar's Supreme Shine Protectant or Meguiar's #40 Vinyl & Rubber Condictioner would be a close second. Black Wow (sounds cheesy like ShamWow, but Black Wow actually works) would last for a couple of months, but it is very expensive.

None of those products will stay forever though. You are talking about monthly applications with most of them.

Painting them would be the only "permanent" route.