Failed State Vehicle Inspection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimkelly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I knew I need tires soon but thought I would squeak past the vehicle inspection.... Wrong Answer.

Pepboys was doing my inspection & emissions testing. So I went for something they had in stock. I don't go trailing much (3 times a year) but we do get a good amount of snow so I wanted an all terrain tire.

So I had them take off my B F Goodrich 225/75/16 and had them put on these:
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Definity Dakota AT2 245/75/16. Bought three got the forth for $1.00.

Vehicle Inspection, Tires, wheel balance & alignment, & road hazard for $665.00.

My KJ does not have any lift and no rubbing on full lock either side.

I forgot to replace my spare. Guess I'll be making another trip.

Last edited:

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at the pep Boys Definity Dakota MT in 265/70-16 as a possible for my KJ, got a 2.5" lift plus 1.5" wheel spacers, so I doubt I'll have any problems fitting them.

They quoted me something like $760.00 for 4 tires.

Let us know how they work out for you, just don't know, or hear enough about them as far as long term wear, or traction.....

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Enjoy your sweet Cooper tires. Towstrap on LOST had a set of those and liked them. He's got the Definity MTs now.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the tread pattern on those. Let us know how you like them, Jim.

Dave

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Cooper Discoverer STT that I got FOC mounted temporarily and coming from an MT/R I feel the tires perform as though they were made from ground-up Chinese peasants rather than any kind of rubber. Just saying.

jimkelly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the tread pattern on those. Let us know how you like them, Jim.

Dave

I know it's way to soon to tell but my prelimary results are that I likey likey!!!

Took a little test drive tonight, about 30 miles of mixed driving, highway, city & gravel/dirt rutted road. Very quiet tire and good traction on the gravel.

I also can notice the height difference over the stock tires (I know it sounds funny since its a little over an inch, but I can definately tell)