Failed emissions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So today I got towed out of my own parking lot for "No Permit" which i clearly have displayed on my car that i do in fact have a permit. Hell I PAY to park in my parking lot. But apparently they let tow trucks in late at night to tow people for what ever they want. I call up and they say "Oh the driver made a mistake on the paperwork, your inspection is expired that's why we towed it." Now fuming because it was towed for the WRONG reason and they made up a reason anyway, i scream that i have paperwork from the DMV giving me till 7/31 to get it inspected. They say they dont care what the DMV says, if its expired they can tow it if they want. $150 to get it out of the lot. forking mother forking ******** bullshyt....you have no idea how many curses i want to say. So i pay the man and take my truck right to the shop to get the inspection done, 44 dollars later for state and emissions-----it fails emissions. :::::

P0122 code, Throttle/pedal position sensor/ Switch A Circuit Low Input.

Anyone have any input or should i just find the switch in the manual, buy it online and replace it.

SO MAD

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd just buy it and replace it. You could always look and make sure the contacts are all clean on the sensor and it's firmly connected first, but most likely that is not the issue.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
So today I got towed out of my own parking lot for "No Permit" which i clearly have displayed on my car that i do in fact have a permit. Hell I PAY to park in my parking lot. But apparently they let tow trucks in late at night to tow people for what ever they want. I call up and they say "Oh the driver made a mistake on the paperwork, your inspection is expired that's why we towed it." Now fuming because it was towed for the WRONG reason and they made up a reason anyway, i scream that i have paperwork from the DMV giving me till 7/31 to get it inspected. They say they dont care what the DMV says, if its expired they can tow it if they want. $150 to get it out of the lot. forking mother forking ******** bullshyt....you have no idea how many curses i want to say. So i pay the man and take my truck right to the shop to get the inspection done, 44 dollars later for state and emissions-----it fails emissions. :::::

Anyone have any input or should i just find the switch in the manual, buy it online and replace it.

SO MAD

You mean to tell me that the tow truck towed you because the inspection was run out on the KJ? What a load of crap man!! I would be talking to someone Monday morning first thing, that's BS at it's finest. That makes me mad just reading that:mad:
I don't see how they have the right to tow you if you were not even driving it on the road? What if you just had it parked until you had the money to fix it?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You mean to tell me that the tow truck towed you because the inspection was run out on the KJ? What a load of crap man!! I would be talking to someone Monday morning first thing, that's BS at it's finest. That makes me mad just reading that:mad:
I don't see how they have the right to tow you if you were not even driving it on the road? What if you just had it parked until you had the money to fix it?

Yeah...this (censored) me off too.:mad:

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i pickup the part at Advanced auto to fix it. 40 bucks. So i open up the hood, disconnect the part, grab my torque to unscrew it, and its jammed (plus my hands are weak from rock climbing today) so in my effort i tweak it and pull the torque out, the bit falls out of my screwdriver, and into the engine. INTO THE FORKING PORHIGIPSDUFH(PU#)TU)$(% ENGINE. I have no idea where it is and i have nothing that can fit the torque screw. today is NOT my day im so mad.

And apparently my Apartment complex put something in the lease paperwork i signed saying "we can have ur truck towed for any reason whatsoever just so we can fork you anyway we can"

Going to go to the rental office and the tow place manager on monday.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
so i pickup the part at Advanced auto to fix it. 40 bucks. So i open up the hood, disconnect the part, grab my torque to unscrew it, and its jammed (plus my hands are weak from rock climbing today) so in my effort i tweak it and pull the torque out, the bit falls out of my screwdriver, and into the engine. INTO THE FORKING PORHIGIPSDUFH(PU#)TU)$(% ENGINE. I have no idea where it is and i have nothing that can fit the torque screw. today is NOT my day im so mad.

And apparently my Apartment complex put something in the lease paperwork i signed saying "we can have ur truck towed for any reason whatsoever just so we can fork you anyway we can"

Going to go to the rental office and the tow place manager on monday.

I'd say tonight would be a great night for a drunk.gif

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the bit fell down into the intake then i assume??

fell down next to the sparks on the drivers side, there a bunch of deep holes i cant see where they go and all the wires and tubes in the way, i looked around for 20 minutes with a flashlight but no dice. its not actually in the engine itself but its somewhere on top under all the shit up there. i dont know any terminology but i can point and say ARG THERE ROAR.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first i dont agree with the whole emission bs. just an excuse for the state to get more money from you. and second, if it was in the parking lot that you pay to park in, if i were you ild sue the shit out of the tow company and have them charged with theft. they have no right to take your property for any reason related to emissions.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fell down next to the sparks on the drivers side, there a bunch of deep holes i cant see where they go and all the wires and tubes in the way, i looked around for 20 minutes with a flashlight but no dice. its not actually in the engine itself but its somewhere on top under all the shit up there. i dont know any terminology but i can point and say ARG THERE ROAR.

Ok, whew, when you said "fell into the engine" i though you meant INTO THE ENGINE.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score

SO MAD

It's probably a scam. Parking lot owner gets kickbacks from the tow company. Otherwise, there's no incentive for a parking lot or property owner to allow a tow truck to bash around in a parking lot and do whatever he pleases. In fact, there's an incentive not to allow tow companies into a parking lot. Yeah, the property owner's getting kickbacks. You might wanna look into that with the state attorney general.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is stories like this that makes me happy I live in Louisiana
no emissions test for an inspection sticker just $10 and proof of insurance
as far as towing ,well they are to crooked for that it would cost them more money
to tow it then they could make
here you get a boot and in private lots ,like yours, the boot must be installed by a private company
I was threatened with a boot I told the guy
"you can try" I was driving a Kenworth T700 truck with a 20,000# front axle
they dont make a boot to fit it so he thought it would be a good idea to park in front of the truck
as I called 911 on speaker and explained that some one was holding me against my will
and that the only way I could get away from them was to destroy their property
she said "you have to do what ever you can to get away they have no right to hold you
if they are not a city ,county or state law enforcement officer on duty how ever once away you should wait for police"
he moved and I went on my merry way

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you work for the govt? I don't see how expired tags gives a towing company the right to tow your vehicle off of what I am assuming to be private property. I would agree with filing complaints with whoever you possibly can.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In fact, let me add this. I live in Seattle. Lost of private parking lots and if you blink at the wrong time, you can get towed. Parking is a serious premium in this city.

I used to own a condo and owned my own parking spot. It came with the condo. All over the parking lot there were signs from a tow company. One day, someone (not from the neighborhood) parked in my spot because they were too lazy to find parking on the street. I called the tow company. It took serious haggling to get the tow company to actually tow the car. That's proof as to how difficult it is to tow a car off private property. They were concerned with liability, they wanted to make sure that I actually was the authorized owner of the spot. Otherwise, you could just have some random person off the street with a cell phone having cars towed all over town. Seriously, I'll be the lot owner's getting kickbacks.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the good news is i wouldnt worry bout the bit that fell. Its not going to get into anything that will cause damage, odds are it will fall to the road or to the crash pan. Now about towing companies. They totally belive in possesion is the law. if you were to sit in your car that they want to tow they cant legally do it because you arnt doing anything illegal nor is your car. Once they have the car in their lot they can try and force you to pay because now the car is on their property. Towing companies are struggling in this economy and this day in general. Many towing companies have turned to changing their business tactics and values in order to stay alive. I would sue the shit out of them, after enough people sue them they will shut down.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
PA actually has more strict laws about some of this.

Emissions law, was changed to now, you can't get the car inspected till it passes emissions. If the car is not inspected, no matter WHERE you park it? If they (any police dept, that has NOTHING better to do) sees it is out of inspection, or registration, they take it. Even if it is in your car port, or your own private parking spot, no inspection, no plate sticker, they will come and take it. They have gone as far as to come to your door, and tell you, if it is not inspected or plate stickered within XX days, they are coming to tow it. If some jerk, knows you have a car in your GARAGE, and is not inspected, and they call the police? They will tell you the same thing. In PA, you own NOTHING, everything you have can be taken from you, starting with the feds, ALL THE WAY DOWN to the municipality...

A friend of ours had a Mercedes Diesel, was out of inspection for over a year, but the car was covered. Well, she uncovered it because she was selling it? No more than a week goes by, the local cops told her she had 30 days to get it inspected, or they are towing, it RIGHT OFF HER PROPERTY, out of her parking space! She had to sell that practically for NOTHING to get rid of it, or lose everything. And we're a free nation? I don't think so... Meanwhile we have the Constitution, but no one cares about that lil'ole thing anymore.

State and Federal Government has gone too far people, we need to give the entire governmental bodies an enema...

Bikeflyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. I live in PA and never heard that one. I have had several freinds who have had the cliche 'rusty car under tree' lawn ornaments. When did this legislation hit the pavement? That's scary. It could explain the rash of repo's that come through my AutoAuction...