Factory Radio problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdlgiii

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have the 2002 Liberty Sport with the factory Radio and CD player. When the vehicle is powered on and radio set to a radio station, it works. But when the Jeep is turned off and cranked back up, the radio shows the correct station but is playing static. To correct this we have to re-tune the radio back to the station and its fine after that.
Anyone heard of this problem?

gdlgiii

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, now your making me nervous! Did I make a bad decision buying one of these used? It appears to have been taken well care of and maintained.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I still have the factory stereo in my 2002. No need to let others freak you out. But, it may be the case that the stereo is toast and needs replacing. If you look here and on LOST or on Craigslist, I always see more stock radios... if you're looking to swap stock for stock. Otherwise it's probably time for an upgrade.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have the 2002 Liberty Sport with the factory Radio and CD player. When the vehicle is powered on and radio set to a radio station, it works. But when the Jeep is turned off and cranked back up, the radio shows the correct station but is playing static. To correct this we have to re-tune the radio back to the station and its fine after that.
Anyone heard of this problem?

There should be no difference to the radio getting power with ignition ON or OFF.

Fuse 34 (15A) in the interior fuse panel is supposed to supply power to the radio at all times while fuse 32 (10A) is with ignition ON or the ACC position.

Check these fuses although normally if fuse 34 blows you will have to enter the radio code each time you turn the ignition ON.

My 2002 Radio/CD still works perfect.:shrug:

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have an 04 libby, will all stereos work with the controls on the steering wheel or do i have to get a special one? also 3 of my speakers have blown out so i am looking to replace those too

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have an 04 libby, will all stereos work with the controls on the steering wheel or do i have to get a special one? also 3 of my speakers have blown out so i am looking to replace those too

Just look on crutchfield. You'll find out what radios will work with your steering wheel controls.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go on ebay and get a replacement factory radio.
hell "upgrade" to either the 6-disc in dash or if you really want it the navigation radio.

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just look on crutchfield. You'll find out what radios will work with your steering wheel controls.

yeah to do that you need to spend another 70 bucks for the control box to work with the steering wheel controls plus you need to program it