Factory Jack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jettyspicer

Reaction score
Anyone had a problem with their factory jack not having enough lift to raise the front wheels off the ground? I have looked this website over and not found any information about it. To make a long story short, I had a flat and was unable to change the tire without putting a 4" X 4" under the jack. My 2007 Liberty is all stock and has the factory jack. Am I missing something here?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not before I was lifted. You should have no problem if you are not lifted. You sure you got a OEM factory jack with yours if you got the jeep used? There was 2 different ones. 02 had a bottle jack and 03-07 had a different jack. I have both and they worked fine before I was lifted. They are no good to me now.

I am lifted and a factory jack won't work for me now so I carry a portable roller jack that is in a case and 2 pieces of 2x12 and I can jack up way high if I need to.

Dave

jettyspicer

Reaction score
I had the jack in the wrong place. Works fine in the right slot. By the way, my jack is missing the lug wrench: Anyone have one they would part with. Would be glad to pay shipping.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Even lifted I can raise mine with the factory jack.
Under the lower control arms in front and on the shock mount in the rear

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the jack in the wrong place. Works fine in the right slot. By the way, my jack is missing the lug wrench: Anyone have one they would part with. Would be glad to pay shipping.

If you're able to spin your jack just fine without it...I would get one of the lug wrenches with 4 ends. That puts the correct torque on the lug nut. I actually managed to bend the stock wrench changing a flat on mine. Destroyed the lug nut too.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all the vehicles I've ever had, I always carry a breaker bar/lug nut socket. Never used the wimpy factory wrenches.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Keep the stock lug wrench for running the jack up and down but get an X-wrench or a breaker bar and socket for the lug nuts like the last two posters recommend. Someone in a shop somewhere is always going to rattle-gun them on too tight and leave you flat by the side of the road with rounded lug nuts and knuckles in the rain.

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep the stock lug wrench for running the jack up and down but get an X-wrench or a breaker bar and socket for the lug nuts like the last two posters recommend. Someone in a shop somewhere is always going to rattle-gun them on too tight and leave you flat by the side of the road with rounded lug nuts and knuckles in the rain.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Latest posts

Members online