Factory hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K9 DAD

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

I'm looking at getting a 2" hitch for the Libby. The dealer wants about "$300 for the parts, and I'm guessing anywhere from 1 1/5 to 3 hrs. labor to install it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid 150 for a hitch and wiring and installed it myself in 1 hour (30 min each). Do a seach and you'll get a lot more detailed info.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Etrailer.com is the place a lot of people have used here. Installing the hitch reciever yourself is not really a big deal. It's 6 bolts. 5 of them are pretty easy to get at, the sixth is located directly above the tailpipe. You'll want to have a 19mm socket wrench and I found that a 19mm ratcheting box wrench did the trick for the 6th bolt.

The wiring, depending on what you get, is either really very easy or kind of a pain in the side. Mine required running a wire to the battery, so that was a pain in the side. If yours doesnt require that, it's a simple matter of removing a trim piece, connecting an inline connector, then running wires thru a pre-existing hole in the back of the jeep.

If you dont want to do it yourself, U-Haul might have a bit better pricing than does Jeep.

-Blu