Fabric seat cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here lately I've noticed that my 2 front seats look a little blue in direct sunlight, as if the jeans that we wear are fading onto the seats. I've tried using the shampoo thing at the local car wash, but doesn't seem to help. If I could get them cleaned really good I guess I could put some scotch gaurd on it to keep it from getting that way again. Any ideas?

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cloth seats on the Liberty are junk. Spilling water on them even causes stains. If any knows how to clean these seats, I's appreciate the info too.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesnt cause stains. Thats the crap and minerals in the water that gets left behind when the water evaporates. Ill never understand why Jeep felt the need to use fabric that did that.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can deal with the water stains I guess, (though that hasn't been a huge problem yet for me)....but the blue seats are ******* me off. I've bought some cheap seat covers but they just don't look right, and the ones to DO look right are way too expensive...so that means I'm back to trying to clean them, man I feel like a dog chasing his tail here! lol

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesnt cause stains. Thats the crap and minerals in the water that gets left behind when the water evaporates. Ill never understand why Jeep felt the need to use fabric that did that.
LOL... it may be the crap in the water, but it's still caused by spilling water on the seats.... :D

minimedic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had my seats cleaned at the local car wash (soda and water on seats) it came off nicely, you'd never notice anything was there.
I also just ordered some "water proof" seat covers from Cabelas, not the best looking ones, but my b/f has them in his truck and they do the trick.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had my seats cleaned at the local car wash (soda and water on seats) it came off nicely, you'd never notice anything was there.
I also just ordered some "water proof" seat covers from Cabelas, not the best looking ones, but my b/f has them in his truck and they do the trick.
Any pictures or a link to them?

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just got back from the car wash, I used the carpet shampoo thing again....we'll see how that does.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

Next time you go by there ask them what they used. They might tell you if you're nice and compliment the hell out of them unless it's a trade secret or something. Then you could post it......hehehe

Just thinking out loud here trying to help.

Dave

minimedic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are universal covers, not a very tight fit. I called an upholstery shop near me. They said they could recover my front and back seats with PVC leather and add some more cushion to the front seats for $950.00. I'm also looking into custom fit seat covers.

Boy, what I won't do to upgrade my wife's KJ. I'm still trying to convince her she needs some OEM fog lights. She agreed with new wheels, A/T tires and full skids, but the lights are proving to be a hard sell.... :D

Cabelas universal seat covers.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

belvedere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello! We just purchased an '06 Sport. On the way home with it, my daughter spilled some water on the back seat and, yup, it left a stain. (BTW, this was distilled water, so that kinda blows the theory about minerals in the water causing a stain.)

Has anyone found a product that will successfully clean the fabric seats? Thanks in advance.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I've been using oxy-clean/water mix. That seems to do a nice job taking the stains and whatever dirt away. Sadly, it doesn't prevent it from happening to begin with... so I'm usually cleaning seats 2 or 3 times a year.

Oh, and I also rented a Rug Doctor after we got back from East Coast Safari this year - that works pretty damn good too.

Last edited:

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
I used blue coral crap in a can with the brush on it. My KJ's seats look pretty dang good, I must say.

Used it on the fabric on the door panels too

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, Its a jeep, let the dirt be. =)

Its like a tattoo on a tough guy.

Problem is, like when my water bottle oozed on the passenger seat, the stain looks like someone peed on the seat - it's definitely a liquid stain. As I take coworkers and I am sure soon enough I'll have clients in the car, I need to keep it respectible.

I am heavily considering those Mopar neoprene covers. I can get them for a decent deal, just trying to decide if $275 or so is worth it for covers.

cdh1125

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a bissel little green machine on both the seats and the carpet. It's well worth the money

2006 KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i use "tough stuff" it comes in a red/yellow arosol can. put some of it (it foams) on a rag and rub it in... then rub the same spot (and a large area around it) with very hot water and everything is good :). i would strongly suggest this method to whoever had the blue jean seats