extended bumpstops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eastcoastpowerhouse

Reaction score
Hello,

I am haveing trouble finding extended bumpstops so i can get my lift ready to go in. I have searched but i am not sure of size or were to get them if any one can point me in the right direction it would be great.

Matt

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should go ahead and add the rear bumpstops since the spring must be out for the bump stop to be put in. I got daystar rear bump stops from Boulder bars and they work great. They are a tick to tall depending on what size tires you have so you could cut them down if needed.

Eastcoastpowerhouse

Reaction score
hey,

I think im gunna go with daystar rears and teraflex fronts or just daystar all around. any one know were to order every thing in one shot? Was looking at air bump stops but 160 a peice is a little much right now any way.

Matt

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
rubber mallet cut in half or 2 hockey pucks on each side for the rear, Tera Flex for the front

Eastcoastpowerhouse

Reaction score
Hey,

Ordered them today should have them the end of next week i hope sooner. just need my tires and then every thing can go on. Just want to say thank you for all the help

Matt

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious, I've installed a 2.5" spacer lift with new shocks for the rear only. The way I understand it I need extended bumpstops on the front only because I didn't replace the front shocks with longer ones, am I right or do I need bumpstops for the rear too?

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious, I've installed a 2.5" spacer lift with new shocks for the rear only. The way I understand it I need extended bumpstops on the front only because I didn't replace the front shocks with longer ones, am I right or do I need bumpstops for the rear too?

Rule of thumb, if you lift 2.5" put in a 2.5" bumpstop.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Ordered them today should have them the end of next week i hope sooner. just need my tires and then every thing can go on. Just want to say thank you for all the help
Matt

What did you end up going with matt? Glad you got it all figured out but where were you getting $160 per bumpstop? They are not that much. :)

Fever, there are tons of people who do not get extended bumpstops on the front. In all reality you really only need them if you have Al's upper control arms(keeps them from hitting the mount pockets) or if you have a OTT lift which means there is a spacer outside of the coil over. Some people say if you lifted the jeep 2.5" then you need a 2.5" bumpstop which is a good idea but Im not doing that. My front suspension bottomed out alot with the stock suspension and Im not going back there. The reason they say that is so the spring is not over compressed but thats not a problem I have on the front of my kj.

If you get longer shocks for the rear then you need extended bumpstops.

ohh, and you cannot get longer shocks for the front of the KJ. Not from OME or Rancho at least.

santeecrazy

Reaction score
I used rubber mallet heads grinded out a groove and screwed sheet metal screws through old bumpstop and metal braket. have worked great! rubber mallet $1.99 harbor freight. see photo!

crappule

Reaction score
i whant to see ur pic i whant to make an idee because i read but not understand all the info my inglish not that good :(