exhaust systems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvilSnipa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I will be needing a new muffler soon. I was just wondering if it would be wise to replace the catalytic converter at the same time. It's an 02 with 220 on it. There is really no problem with the system overall just a rust hole in the muffler. Plus any advice on what type, brand?

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would leave the cat alone if there is no problem. Just do a muffler if you want it cheap. As for brands I find that it really doesn't matter on older vehicles. Just a NAPA whatever.

Now if you are looking for performance mufflers that's a whole other debate...

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a Magnaflow a few months back and I'm loving it. I used all clamps so my exhaust is 100% serviceable now.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which cat are you referring to? There is 2 coming off the manifolds and 1 after the Y. I replaced by Exhaust from the Y down and deleted the 3rd downstream cat. Went will 3" Stainless steel with the Thrush Welded Muffler. I then dumped it right before the rear diff. Sounded great.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a flow master 44 series single in dual out. I have one of the pipes end before the rear axle and the other is still in the stock location.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having it dump before the rear axle really gives a rumble to it. Another thing is that the muffler I have really gives the exhaust a pretty deep bass to it.

Fango925

Reaction score
I have a Thrush muffler, pretty cheap but it sounds good at lower rpm. No highway drone too (Or I can't hear it over the wind and oversized tires...)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Gals packs and V-8s and straight 6's sound good
glass packs and a V-6 = crap sound

Latest posts

Members online