exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ima9er

Reaction score
i talked to master muffler about the biggest size of exhaust i can run in my diesel liberty. haven't had the chance to take her over there to have them put it on the rack to see the underbelly. the question is: what's the biggest exhaust size anyone has put in their kj? i see online that mbrp sells a 2.5" exhaust, but i wan't to go to a 3"
has anyone ever done a 3" exhaust? thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
i talked to master muffler about the biggest size of exhaust i can run in my diesel liberty. haven't had the chance to take her over there to have them put it on the rack to see the underbelly. the question is: what's the biggest exhaust size anyone has put in their kj? i see online that mbrp sells a 2.5" exhaust, but i wan't to go to a 3"
has anyone ever done a 3" exhaust? thanks

Not much room under there even for a 1/ 2 larger diameter exhaust
Plus you would want to do a mandrel bent one so harder to find someone to do it
I knew a guy who played with the CRDs for a short time, did his lift for him. But he went 3 inch, had someone weld it all together , bigger turbo etc
In the end he sold it as he didn't think it did as much as what he expected it to do.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Magnaflow has one that fits and runs 2.5" in and out with the right offset. I'll look in my notes for a part number. There's still a choke point in front of the cat, and the cat itself.

Sasquatch makes a stainless pipe.

ima9er

Reaction score
Not much room under there even for a 1/ 2 larger diameter exhaust
Plus you would want to do a mandrel bent one so harder to find someone to do it
I knew a guy who played with the CRDs for a short time, did his lift for him. But he went 3 inch, had someone weld it all together , bigger turbo etc
In the end he sold it as he didn't think it did as much as what he expected it to do.

Master muffler said they'd do a mandrel bent exhaust, but not sure what'll fit size wise. And I'm not looking for a race machine, the wife is driving it and when shes done it'll be a full on crawler with a diesel. Lol

Latest posts

Members online