Exhaust Gaskets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all!
2002 v6 4wd limited

Is there a gasket between the passenger side/Bank 2 connection between the exhaust manifold and the cat?

I didnt want to over tighten the V clamp and now I have a leak with no gasket before & after removal.
Could it be the V clamp is worn or not tight enough. I'm not use to not needing a gasket.

Also, there are so many exhaust gaskets listed on Rockauto.com. The Y pipe to the bank 2 is a Large walker 61289, Is the Bank 1/Drivers side the same one?

thanks in advance

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all!
2002 v6 4wd limited

Is there a gasket between the passenger side/Bank 2 connection between the exhaust manifold and the cat?

I didnt want to over tighten the V clamp and now I have a leak with no gasket before & after removal.
Could it be the V clamp is worn or not tight enough. I'm not use to not needing a gasket.

Also, there are so many exhaust gaskets listed on Rockauto.com. The Y pipe to the bank 2 is a Large walker 61289, Is the Bank 1/Drivers side the same one?

thanks in advance

Not sure about the Y pipe gasket but I would think they'd be the same. There is no gasket where the V clamp goes. Sort of a ball in socket connection. I believe the V clamps are considered not reusable but I reused mine a few times.