EVIC resets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJ Ebster

Reaction score
Hi there
I ahve a 2003 Liberty LTD with the built in EVIC system.

I always have my system set to MEtric units so I can see the temps in Celcius. Lately whenever the Jeep stands overnight or for a few hours and I start it, the EVIC turns back to US system and shows Fahrenheit.
Has anyone had this same problem. It's kinda co-inciding with another problem I am having in that my Jeep does not start immediately when I turn the key. There is a split second pause before the engine swings.......
It never use to do this.

Do you think it has to do with my battery? Does it need to be replaced/filled with distilled water? I have not checked it yet to see if it needs to be filled......

Any advise please

Thanks

waggles2004

Reaction score
Have your battery checked. I had this problem with my '02 just a few weeks a go. It was sluggish to start in the mornings, and the EVIC would reset my MPG average (very annoying). I looked under the hood, and the negative terminal was all corroded on the factory battery. I replaced the battery and reset the computer. Three weeks later, it cranks like the day it was new and the EVIC/OTIS is working properly again.

Hope this helps.