EVIC mount question

Discussion in 'KJ General Discussion' started by CRDKJ, Apr 7, 2014.

1. CRDKJ

CRDKJ New Member

Does anyone know the part number for the plastic tray above the headliner on a liberty that the evic mounts to?

Additionally does anyone by chance have one they have pulled out of a liberty laying around. I have several EVIC modules I have pulled from other vehicles, but have yet to find a mounting tray to be able to install it into my 05 CRD.

Thanks

2. CRDKJ

CRDKJ New Member

Found...

As would be the typical situation... I look for a part for months, and the day I post about it I find one laying loose in a different vehicle. Has "KJ" cast into the plastic of the back side of the tray, just glad I had enough time to wonder the junkyard yesterday.

Please disregard this thread.

3. Porkchop

Porkchop Full Access Member

Should have posted sooner and you wouldn't have waited so long for one. Let us know how it works out for you.

4. CarToyz

CarToyz New Member

My 2002 KJ had the Map lights and Sunroof switch when I upgraded to a EVIC/PSI unit - the part you described was already there to mount an EVIC.

5. CRDKJ

CRDKJ New Member

I know for a fact that when you take the dome lights out of my 2005 KJ there is nothing up there but metal roof. I will take some pictures when I get to putting it in this weekend. I have about 8 or 9 EVIC and a couple OTIS systems. I have played with them just wired in temp laying on the passenger seat, but I have to decide which one I want to use.

6. CarToyz

CarToyz New Member

I wonder because mine is a 2002 Limited edition, that the plastic tray was already installed, because my Map Light/Sunroof switch attached to that plastic tray thing, it was what held it up in the headliner.

7. Atrus

Atrus Full Access Member

Same in my 2007 - I had snagged the mount when I snagged the EVIC from the donor KJ.