EVIC install help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolverine1020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a friend pick one up for me at the local junkyard I believe from an 02 Grand Cherokee.

Now being that it is now 11:45pm I took out my dome light and plugged in the Evic to see if it at least lights up.

Well it lit up, but I think I am missing the Evic connector.

Am I right?

Or should I get up there in the am and look around?

I was going by this write up.
http://jeepkj.com/evic/
-------------------------------------------------
Piece on left is original dome of course.
http://my.picresize.com/G0Q3DB6Q0L

I have a long trip to NY tomorrow and would like to have this thing in properly.

Last edited:

beartard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on your model year. My 02 didn't have the evic wiring connector. My evic came with the connector pigtail attached. I had to run wires down the a-pillar to the OBD connector for data and I used the keyed lighter socket for power. If you don't have a connector pigtail, I've read that old, floppy-drive connectors work fine for it. I think the HOWTO on this board will help.

wolverine1020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so my friend gives me the connector and says this is how it came, that the junkyard ripped out everything.

I've looked over numerous threads about doing the install and before I go messing with the datalink connector and mess up my system.

I'd like to see if any of you have an Evic that came factory with your KJ and how it is wired in.
Is there a connector near the datalink connector?

And for the wiring, some say 18g and some say 20g wires.
I'd really like to have no worries.
(but not pay a dealer)

Thanks.

Attachments

• evic conn.jpg
    evic conn.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online