EVIC for '05 Questions..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevecon

Reaction score
I've seen the charts for compatible EVIC devices - but none go past '04 ( I have an '05). I have seen that part numbers 56010520AE, 56010520AA, etc. are all used in an '05 - but there's no detail on the differences between them.

Even more perplexing, I see people selling EVICs that they describe as being one of those part numbers above - yet photos of the EVIC itself does not a show a part number that even remotely resembles the number they claim it to be! Instead they show a label with "VC5......" as a part number. Is there a database of THESE part numbers somewhere? Thanks!

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recommend downloading your manuals: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/factor-service-parts-manuals-58752/

Have you tried Googling the part numbers? Most times you can find a description or picture. These may have an 'AE' at the end vs 'AD', which is fine just means evolution of the part but still the same compatible part. In this case, -527AD/E is without Homelink, -520AD/E with.

mrlavalamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know about buying one online, hard to trust the information most sellers provide. And then once you have spent your money, getting it back/fixed is just painful.

Whatever you do, make sure you get the little pigtail that connects to it. If you dont, your only choice is to go find one somewhere else(good luck), or solder directly to the board.

This was the most helpful website for me when I was working on my evic.

Installing an OTIS

I went to a local junkyard though and went through a few vehicles to find one that had what i wanted. I used the list further down that shows what cars you can take from and I just found one that was the same year as mine.

IIRC mine was from an 2006 intrepid that had a sunroof. I left the sunroof switch in, but I can easily pop it out and put an aux lightswitch in its place if I choose to later.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.