Estes Park, CO Trails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KodiakKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be up in Estes Park next weekend.:happy160: I'm looking at Johnny Park Road, Pierson Park Road, and possibly Hell Canyon Road. I'm wondering how they are for a stock KJ with only one trail under my belt and a stock Silverado Z71. I'm mostly looking at the tamer trails and from what I'm getting about Pierson Park is a big hill with loose rocks. It's hard to tell how they are on youtube and trail damage.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In order of diffeculty from easiest to more difficult would be

1. Hell Canyon ( Isn't what it used to be but is still a cool drive, there used to be a cool trail that connected to Elk Ridge but most of that is now Privatly owned, still good scenery)

2. Johnny Park ( Nice trail can be muddy but should be doable in a stock KJ)

3. Pierson Park ( this might put a stock KJ to test just in a couple spots but most of the trail is fairly easy couple of rock obsticles and a pretty steep hill climb with some good rocks on it, just watch your tire placement and you should be fine!)

HAVE FUN!!!! Take some Pics!! :happy160:

KodiakKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I'm planning on taking videos along with pictures. I have a video editing project I'm planning for the occasion.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

03jeep

Reaction score
Nice let us know how tough they are I've never been of road in our jeep but I'm getting and itch to go for it :) I'm in aurora

KodiakKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only done one trail so far. My version of tough will vary from a more experienced off roader. I am planning on doing another trail on Tuesday.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely let us see the pics/vids after that trip. I miss living up in Estes Park. Johnny Park was always good for a campfire with lots of friends. Pole Hill was a good place to go to in order to watch the 4th of July fireworks or camp in the summer since you could see all of Estes from it at night.

KodiakKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a little teaser. I've only done part of Hell Canyon road so far.

Attachments

• IMG_0756.jpg
    IMG_0756.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 26

KodiakKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far, I haven't had any clearance issues. When I go on a trail that needs clearance, I'll remove them.