Engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

penaku

Reaction score
My kJ 2.5 blow out and I have good voyager 2.5crd engine. Which parts are not compatible? Both cars are manual.Are the valve cover, oil sump and high-pressure pump same? I know tha exhaus manifold, clutch and waterpump are different.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not know the voyager at all but if you say that the clutch is different it would mean that hopefully you can fit the clutch/flywheel from your 2.5 CRD KJ to the voyager crankshaft so as to be able to use the existing KJ gearbox. The 2.5 KJ manual has a clutch plate that has a curve in it which has to match the curved flywheel.

Otherwise maybe the voyager engine, bellhousing, clutch assembly, gearbox will bolt straight into the KJ bodywork.

I will wait for the Experts to come in here!

penaku

Reaction score
voyager`s clutch plate is 240mm and my cherokee´s clutch plate is 270mm. I don`t know if the flywheel is the same. If not , I take it from cherokee. I suppose that timing belt assembly is the same but waterpump is different, so I install new one.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the Voyager have the same "fixed vane turbo" ?

Hopefully you can swap over the engines while keeping the same wiring harness and ECM and BCM but maybe you will need to swap over the ECM and BCM as well!

Latest posts

Members online