Employee Pricing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With DC giving employee pricing this month, shouldn't the dealer still take money off of the sticker on top (like they would on MSRP)? Does it work like that? Or is employee pricing the final word?

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will ask the next time I talk to my dad, he is the Finanance and Insurance guy at our local Chrysler dealer, but when I got mine I got it for invoice plus $100. Then after that I got the 1000 dollar rebate they were running at the time to get rid of the 04's.

Stan Wright

Reaction score
When using the employee pricing the price you pay is the employee price minus any rebates (and any trade-in you might have).

I just talked to the Jeep dealer. Here are the incentives with the employee pricing:

$2000 off Liberty with gas engine
$1000 off Liberty CRD
$2000 off if you're 'coming out of' a Chrysler lease
No special financing or financing cash back.

I did the math, and I would have saved about $200 more by using the incentives that just expired.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I just requested a quote from two different Jeep dealers for a build to order Wrangler Sport. I have been thinking about adding another Jeep to the family. In the running was either a CRD or a Wrangler. We already have an '04 Limited KJ that the wife uses for work (I drive it on nights and weekends). Personally if it was a CRD, I would want another Limited for the leather and all the fun stuff. But with a loaded Wrangler Sport, the employee discount and cash back totals almost 4k, and so it just doesn't hit the wallet as hard. Plus since I do work at home, MPG really doesn't matter (I just drive to a UPS drop box two or three times a week!).

So I'll see what the dealers quote me on and make a final decision.

AntTrax

Reaction score
You start at the employee price (EP) and will then receive any applicable rebates.

For those of you who already own and have the dealer invoice, you will see a few prices on it.

You will see MSRP, EP, PP, and total.

MSRP: No explanation needed
EP: Employee Price (Employee discount)
PP: Preferred Customer Price (1% below invoice)
Total: Dealer invoice

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to a dealer today about getting a "build to order". He said that the EP is only good on '05's that are already built. He's checking 150 miles around us for what I want, but I doubt that he'll find it, much to my wife's happiness, lol.

So I guess I'll wait until next Spring like I was originally going to do for another Jeep in the family. Then I'll custom order an '06.

sad2.gif

bornbrit

Reaction score
employee discount

After doing some math I like Stan I saved more money on the previous incentive programs.I got $2500 cash which includes the military discount and 0% 60 month financing.saving about $3000..They have done away with the 0% and the $500 military discount. I dont think its that great of a deal what do you think... (Aeh)

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can get zero percent financing, that's the ticket! I have that on my '04 KJ. What a deal! =D>

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah....my Rocky Mountin Lib last year listed at 25, but I got 2500 back in rebates, 0% financing, and 2500 off with my dad's employee discount. This promotion isn't helping me because they usually run large incentives and then I get the employee discount on top of that. They wouldn't be doing this promotion if they were losing money....... (whistle)

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
If you can get zero percent financing, that's the ticket! I have that on my '04 KJ. What a deal! =D>

0%? thats nice... for how long?? If I'd get that new CRD eheheh

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett said:
grogiefrog said:

0%? thats nice... for how long?? If I'd get that new CRD eheheh

I have 60 months! But I don't see that now... and I doubt you'll see it on a CRD due to the demand on them.

92blazn

Reaction score
AntTrax said:
You start at the employee price (EP) and will then receive any applicable rebates.

For those of you who already own and have the dealer invoice, you will see a few prices on it.

You will see MSRP, EP, PP, and total.

MSRP: No explanation needed
EP: Employee Price (Employee discount)
PP: Preferred Customer Price (1% below invoice)
Total: Dealer invoice

My wife works for WM anyway we get the Affiliate program on any car execpt SRT, VIPER, and that new convert. We get the 1% below invoice, I thought the EPP price was below that? I ask the dealer in a email
Tom,

Last question till I see you on Sat. is the Employees discount 1% or 3% below invoice price?

Ed"

Dealer said
"EP price is better than Affiliate programs, Credit union price etc.

Tom

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
92blazn said:
My wife works for WM anyway we get the Affiliate program on any car execpt SRT, VIPER, and that new convert. We get the 1% below invoice, I thought the EPP price was below that? I ask the dealer in a email
Tom,

I just found out that my wife's co. also gets the affiliate program (or called the preferred discount). On a TJ that's MSRP is $28,020, preferred is minus $2795, and EP is minus $3336. The EP wins, but is currently only good this month and on 2005's.

I want a build to order, which is going to be a 2006. Now, cash allowances work with each, so I'm going to see what they are in August? They might improve once EP goes away for the public.

92blazn

Reaction score
we did good on a 04 Grand Freedom Edt. MSRP 28K with the cash back and our discount of 1% under invoice we walked away finacing 23???,?? tax title and out the door no trade in :-$