electric window delay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sini

Reaction score
hi everyone

in australia our electric windows do not operate unless the the key is in at least the accessory mode in the ignition. big pain if you forget to close a window as you're leaving...

but sometimes my kj leaves power to the windows & sunroof for an auto dalay around 30 seconds after taking out the ignition key??? giving time to close any open windows. seems to be completely random... it's a jeep thing :-k

does anyone out there know if i can pull out a fuse/ relay or do something to make the kj leave the power on for that delay everytime?

any help appreciated. thanks all

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I'd say if that window delay only happens sometimes, then something's wrong with your Jeep. #-o Happens to me every single time. When the door is open, is when the delay will terminate.

2003KJ

Reaction score
i dont have this delay to begin with. Though my friends honda does and i think its a neat idea. Was it a factory upgrade or somethin?

sini

Reaction score
Marlon_JBT you are right =D> ...i've just come from the garage after testing & you are right.

thanks for that... i honestly didn't even think about the doors affecting the delay.

one less jeepism solved!

thanks again, much appreciated.

n3qik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a keyless solution to your window problem, jump out the power window relay. Now you can run the windows til the battery dies.

You must be registered for see images

sini

Reaction score
n3qik said:
Here is a keyless solution to your window problem, jump out the power window relay. Now you can run the windows til the battery dies.

You must be registered for see images

cheers... thanks for the info & the photos.

will try when i have a free moment \:D/

Latest posts

Members online