Electric Cooling Fan Upgrade Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
02 V6 4WD 3.7 Limited AUTO

After 150k Mile, I'd like to replace my stock electric fan. I don't want the OEM Metal Fan on the water pump, I'd just like a HD Electric Cooling Fan Upgrade.

Any Recommendations? or what to avoid?

Thanks

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya good question, most just replace the electric fan with a known new KJ one.
The advantage of the HD clutch type steel fan on pump is that if ever the electric dies, you still have cooling.
There could be some auto cooling companies that may recommend something for the KJ in better electric, I have never researched that.
One thing is certain, I wish I had a fan this big for when I get home, pop the hood, to cool the sizzling hot 3.7L.
You must be registered for see images attach

They should have designed the electric fan to continue to run after engine is off for 5 minutes, to allow things to cool down!

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The advantage of the HD clutch type steel fan on pump is that if ever the electric dies, you still have cooling.
There could be some auto cooling companies that may recommend something for the KJ in better electric, I have never researched that.
One thing is certain, I wish I had a fan this big for when I get home, pop the hood, to cool the sizzling hot 3.7L.

They should have designed the electric fan to continue to run after engine is off for 5 minutes, to allow things to cool down!
I wonder if that fan has the correct pitch for my hovercraft

Why would you need the fan to cool things down after the engine is off? I know there were some vehicles that did that

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
On a hot day and sizzling motor, when you turn it off, the temps can climb 40F higher without any air flow.
I often will then open the hood for 10 minutes, to allow the super heated air to escape.
This is where some hood vents/louvers would sure be beneficial.

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if that fan has the correct pitch for my hovercraft

Why would you need the fan to cool things down after the engine is off? I know there were some vehicles that did that

hovercraft -Nope Sorry!

cool things down after the engine is off?? The engine is still very hot when you turn it off. Except no coolant circulation and no fan cooling the coolant.

How about an electric motor for the Water pump?

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So it can't be hard (oops but its a jeep) to wire the fan to stay on till the temp is cooler. But can the Battery handle the extra run time?

Latest posts

Members online