Edmunds.com doesn't include KJ on top 11 list

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this on JU... thought it was of some interest. Edmunds has their top 11 SUV's list, and the KJ (or the WK) are not included. Although, as someone else said, a Jeep is not an SUV! But still, they should have listed the KJ. Ford is way overly listed. They list the Escape and Tribute, which are the same!

I did go back and look at their review on the KJ, and I quote, "not as "carlike" on the street as most of its competitors." Car like... SUV... that says it all.

http://www.edmunds.com/buyguide/suvs/index.html?tid=edmunds.e.buyguideindex.recommend.review.1.*

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I am concerned a Jeep is a whole different lifestyle from most normal SUVs, so I am not surprised it didn't make the list. The KJ drives really well on the road, no it doesn't handle like my aunt's RAV4, but if it did, it wouldn't have the performance offroad that it does. Like I said, owning a Jeep is a whole different type of lifestyle \:D/

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
They just can't handle the KJ, nor except it for what it really is, a JEEP!

Well said, wish I had been that clear =D>

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Edmunds.com just doesn't "get it".

They want everything to be a Honda Accord. If it isn't, they badmouth it. I read their reviews strictly for entertainment purposes.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After posting the above, I fully read their review on the KJ, and it wasn't flattering. I think the writer is obviously looking for a soft riding SUV. Yes, the KJ is not an SUV as we know an SUV to be, but they should at least group it with the others to at least give it notice. The average Joe looking for an SUV should certainly consider the KJ as something other then an Explorer or an Escape. Personally, I am so glad that I didn't end up with something other then my KJ! I can see adding a CRD or possibly a Wrangler to the family later this year.