EBC Yellow stuff pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got a smoking deal on a front set of EBC Yellow stuff pads so I decided to try them,heck $15 for a $100 set of pads you can't really go wrong.

All I can say is they are worth every penny,at least 50% better braking and no brake fade.I have had them on for 1000miles and bedded them in correctly.This is for my SFA on the front HP44 axle that is using stock Chevy calipers and the frozen Powerslot Ford rotors.I'm stopping way better then it did even when near stock(no lift and armor).

I rate them as a 9.5(1-10 scale)..............

If you don't like noisy brakes these pads are not for you,they make noise,plain and simple.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always wondered about those. So you are saying they work awesome.....but squeel like a pig?

Dave

ericautopart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My greenstuff pads squeal like there's no tomorrow. It got so annoying I wrote EBC and they send me a free set of updated pads. Top notch customer service but I'm reluctant to install them. I may just sell them and buy hawk pads.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Hawks will be just as noisy, if not noisier than the Greenstuffs, Eric.
Troy - how do the yellowstuffs do when cold?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always wondered about those. So you are saying they work awesome.....but squeel like a pig?

Dave
They make some pretty bad noises for the 1st few miles till the break in coating wears off.Generally they only squeak after they are very warm,5-10 miles of city driving.Yes the anti-squeak pads are on correctly and brake lube used.

Hawks will be just as noisy, if not noisier than the Greenstuffs, Eric.
Troy - how do the yellowstuffs do when cold?
X2 on the hawks being as bad if not worse.

They work great cold,though they are better when warmed up some.I'd say they work better cold then most ceramic pads do cold.

Just remember these are not KJ pads,I can not comment on how they work in a OEM KJ setup.

ericautopart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking 50 shipped but I doubt they'd fit a liberty. They are for a ford fusion. :) Don't forget to check EBC's brake bed in process.

jinstall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Yellow Stuff for the KJ and installed them with a set of DBA 4000 rotors. I have been please, very pleased with the setup since installation. Since my driving style is very aggressive and my highway speeds are generally higher, this setup works very well for me.